Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2551

Subject: "please help!!" Previous topic | Next topic
eshields1014Fri May-30-08 01:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"please help!!"

look @ my site www.mydoggietreasures.com

I have had about 175 people look at my site, not one person bought anything...

Should i ask if my prices are to high, should i lower them? should i wait it out. I know things don't happen over night. It just seems when I go to the bazaars they sell sell sell and I have done lots of online advertising so far for the site.. please help im starting to double think this

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: please help!!
May 30th 2008
Jun 04th 2008
Jun 20th 2008
Jun 20th 2008
Jun 25th 2008
Jul 07th 2008

PalkiaFri May-30-08 08:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: please help!!"
In response to Reply # 0

You have a nice site. I would add "credibility" logos on the front like credit cards, verisign, better business bureau (if member), etc. Also add a picture of someone w/ a phone and your 800 number listed clearly below. Your homepage should show pictures of your products w/ hyperlinks to the interior pages. Make sure those interior pages have title tags that include the keywords you want to rank for w/ the search engines. Your prices are fine. But my question would be what are your shipping fees? I couldn't find them in your FAQ.

Here's an example of an excellent website. It ranks highly on Google consistently. It's a great model to follow: http://www.myweddingfavors.com/

Good luck!

achievedisplayWed Jun-04-08 07:22 AM

#2. "RE: please help!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,
I would say that you need more pictures of your items. For instance, your gift baskets have no pictures at all. If I am going to send someone a gift, I would like to know what it looks like first. Good Luck.

Joe
Achieve Display
http://www.achievedisplay.com
Retail Store Fixtures
Food Service Equipment

tettegoucheFri Jun-20-08 07:26 AM

#3. "RE: please help!!"
In response to Reply # 0

You have the right idea started. I poked around your site and noticed a few things:

1. There are too many links/pages that can be consolidated so it is less confusing for the browsing customer. For example, ingredients and dog treats can be on one page, about us and contact us can be on the same page/link.

2. It is unclear about the toppings choices...

3. For some reason, people like pictures of people on websites. A real life picture of a person and their dog would really make customers identify with the site. Go to http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php and search for dog and person in the search box.

4. You might want to consider your audience. Being directed to a paypal site when a customer hits order or add to cart can make people turn around and try another website. It sends the message that you are not established enough to have a cart system on your site. Go to www.HostRail.com to get set up with a cart system and an SSL certificate (this lets customers know that their personal information will be protected when they type it into your website).

I highly recommend having a professional web designer revamp your site. www.DylanDesignLab.com is renown for redoing business websites and drastically improving their look and functionality.

Best to you!

annalaurabrownFri Jun-20-08 02:23 PM

#4. "RE: please help!!"
In response to Reply # 3

I looked at your site and have a few more comments as well. First why not add a video of you with the treats. Videos are hot now and people love them. Learn more about how to do video at http://www.squidoo.com/videomarketingmadeeasy

Also I would get rid of the site counter. It serves no purpose and since it says only 368 as of when I looked at it, it adds an amateur feel to the site.

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

PepperfireWed Jun-25-08 04:40 AM

#5. "RE: please help!!"
In response to Reply # 0

My website averages 807 unique hits on Mondays... NOBODY has ever ordered on a Monday and I've been doing this for five years. 175 hits is nothing.

Don't give up... You'll probably notice that half your counter traffic since your post went up came from this site. I get a lot of people from the sites where I post just looking, not to see what I sell, but to know who I am.

Don't give up... It takes time for people to get comfortable with your site before they'll order and even longer before they'll order regularly. Just keep driving GOOD traffic to your site... and I can't emphasize "GOOD traffic" strongly enough.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

PhanntomMon Jul-07-08 07:08 PM

#6. "RE: please help!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I looked at your site and the first thing I noticed was too few pics, especially of the gift baskets. Florists don't just say bouquet, $29.95...they show you a picture that's a fair representation of what you'll get. Every single other comment was right on the money.

You'll want to stay on top of the SEO...that's what helps build your traffic. If you're not already doing it you might look at the PPC advertising...that's worked well for us.

My company's site gets a couple hundred hits a day and about 10 orders. My product is in a VERY competetive market and is a pretty big ticket product. Given you're price-points are pretty low you won't want to spend too much on PPC, but it might help drive traffic.

I don't think your prices are a problem. My cat only likes a certain treat and the only place they're available is at the vets, meaning I overpay for them, but hell...to keep her happy, I'd pay twice what they charge...and I think most pet owners are the same way.

There's a stupid irony here. I can tell you what I pay for a loaf of bread, or a pound of coffee, or a salmon fillet, but I couldn't begin to tell you what her food costs.

Denny

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2551 Previous topic | Next topic