Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: please help!!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2551&mesg_id=2723
2723, RE: please help!!
Posted by Phanntom, Mon Jul-07-08 07:08 PM
I looked at your site and the first thing I noticed was too few pics, especially of the gift baskets. Florists don't just say bouquet, $29.95...they show you a picture that's a fair representation of what you'll get. Every single other comment was right on the money.

You'll want to stay on top of the SEO...that's what helps build your traffic. If you're not already doing it you might look at the PPC advertising...that's worked well for us.

My company's site gets a couple hundred hits a day and about 10 orders. My product is in a VERY competetive market and is a pretty big ticket product. Given you're price-points are pretty low you won't want to spend too much on PPC, but it might help drive traffic.

I don't think your prices are a problem. My cat only likes a certain treat and the only place they're available is at the vets, meaning I overpay for them, but hell...to keep her happy, I'd pay twice what they charge...and I think most pet owners are the same way.

There's a stupid irony here. I can tell you what I pay for a loaf of bread, or a pound of coffee, or a salmon fillet, but I couldn't begin to tell you what her food costs.