Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2412

Subject: "just in the thought phase..." Previous topic | Next topic
LuvNLuck98Sat Apr-26-08 04:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"just in the thought phase..."

I have run a daycare out of my home for several years, and have been considering the notion of opening an actual center in the area in which I live. The area is newly developed with new businesses popping up left and right. I would like the facility to have a sort of "next best thing to home" kind of atmosphere and would also like to have a small focus on special needs children since that is where my experience is in the business worlk and I certainly have a passion for it. I feel that with the contacts I have, I could perhaps even bring in a variety of professionals from the special needs community to offer numerous services to these children in addition to activities that include all of the children at the center. I realized that I would need to start small and build my way up to a larger facility, but am not sure how to do so. With state ratios, it would be difficult to have enough children to pay the bills of a rented space, much less save anything to eventually open a larger facility and begin hiring on staff and such. I don't have a lot of start up cash, like I said, I'm just thinking about this but would like to get moving. I've been doing a lot of research but could use some help. Thank you!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: just in the thought phase...
Apr 27th 2008
RE: just in the thought phase...
Apr 28th 2008

michael0427Sun Apr-27-08 02:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: just in the thought phase..."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know about the daycare business a lot, but I do know a lot about business in general. I have run my own small business for 22 years now, family business. We have gone through numerous growth stages, larger facilities, more staff, the whole nine yards. Through all of that I learned one BIG lesson, don't try and grow too quickly. It doesn't work out. Take it slow, and in small steps. If you grow too fast, you won't keep up and it will fall apart quicker than it came together. Take it slow and I know you will get what you want. I hope this small bit of advice helps.

Michael

Learn How Our Streamline Will Place People In Your Business Today! Don't Be The Last To Learn How.
www.streamlinemagic.com/513515

LuvNLuck98Mon Apr-28-08 04:46 AM

#2. "RE: just in the thought phase..."
In response to Reply # 1

that does help! thanks for the advice!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2412 Previous topic | Next topic