Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectjust in the thought phase...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2412&mesg_id=2412
2412, just in the thought phase...
Posted by LuvNLuck98, Sat Apr-26-08 04:27 AM
I have run a daycare out of my home for several years, and have been considering the notion of opening an actual center in the area in which I live. The area is newly developed with new businesses popping up left and right. I would like the facility to have a sort of "next best thing to home" kind of atmosphere and would also like to have a small focus on special needs children since that is where my experience is in the business worlk and I certainly have a passion for it. I feel that with the contacts I have, I could perhaps even bring in a variety of professionals from the special needs community to offer numerous services to these children in addition to activities that include all of the children at the center. I realized that I would need to start small and build my way up to a larger facility, but am not sure how to do so. With state ratios, it would be difficult to have enough children to pay the bills of a rented space, much less save anything to eventually open a larger facility and begin hiring on staff and such. I don't have a lot of start up cash, like I said, I'm just thinking about this but would like to get moving. I've been doing a lot of research but could use some help. Thank you!