Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2406

Subject: "Starting a professional services business for facilities" Previous topic | Next topic
mpfm1Fri Apr-25-08 04:11 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Starting a professional services business for facilities"

I am seeking input on what you think of this concept. I plan to offer professional facility maintenance management for medical and professional buildings. I am seeking ways to generate revenue above and beyond just doing repairs. What could i feasably charge for contractor management and the like. I made a website outlying all the services i plan to offer, I would like your feedback on how to price.. I am considering charging a small monthly on call fee for each facility I will manage, then bill additionally for work that comes up, or for full scale maintenance management of contractors like snow removal, landscapers, janitorial etc.

Sorry if I sound all over the board, wanted to thow in a couple points to start a convo. My website is www.mpfm1.com
thank you

RC

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Starting a professional services business for facilities
Apr 25th 2008
Apr 27th 2008
Apr 27th 2008

saltedFri Apr-25-08 07:02 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Starting a professional services business for facilities"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm sorry I don't have any input as far as pricing goes. I'm not familiar with what larger companies would pay for such a service, but it definitely sounds like a great idea. I did want to comment on your website, though, that it's quite lovely. It's very soothing, simple, and cleanly done.

Good luck with your business!

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

allieSun Apr-27-08 07:15 AM

#2. "RE: Starting a professional services business for facilities"
In response to Reply # 0

Are there some companies that do this type of work that you can call and try to get an idea of their pricing? Call as a customer inquiry?

My business does upholstery repair. We repair leather, vinyl and other synthetics.. carpet. We also do re-dye.
We cater to the automotive industry. It's tough to find out what competition is charging. Obvioulsy, the dealers aren't going to tell us.

My biggest fear is that we're under-charging.. not over charging.

Good luck!

mpfm1Sun Apr-27-08 04:45 PM

#3. "RE: Starting a professional services business for facilities"
In response to Reply # 2

ive tried the back route several times, most of them dont respond to the emails, or if they do, they just make a blanket statement about their services are so vast they would like to arrange a "meeting" at the "facility" to be managed.. so i am really at a loss this week on how to do this. I love the concept, I just dont know about this pricing issue. I have also considered charging a monthly "on call" fee which provides them w/ 24 hour on call service for something like 85 dollars a month not including if there happens to be a work order. If i can pull this off I can generate revenue every month from each facility i sign up. just a thought

RC

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2406 Previous topic | Next topic