Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4172

Subject: "good idea?" Previous topic | Next topic
gelaTue Feb-09-10 06:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"good idea?"

Hey just looking for some input.
I live in a major city, and am interested in opening a green general store in my area. There certainly are green stores around, I find myself tracking to other areas around the city for this type of experience. I'd like to have nonperishable items, such as organic/natural paper towels, toilet paper, detergent, soap, things that you run out of, but aren't going to be at the local bodega. I envision a community board, for local happenings and would like to have local artist display their work on the walls. I would like a few books/magazines/cards-all green based. Maybe flowers.
I have experience managing restuarants, I enjoy working with customers. Which is why I know I want a dry goods store.
My question is how do I go about getting started?
I have called the empty stores in my area to see what rent is like-rents are high.
I'm not sure how to write a business plan. Is this something I need when trying to negotiate a rent price?
I've been to green expos, and seen alot of the products I'd like to carry. So I know the products are out there.
How do I begin?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Gela

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: good idea?
Feb 12th 2010
Feb 13th 2010
Feb 15th 2010
Feb 20th 2010
Feb 23rd 2010

jimkcliftonFri Feb-12-10 11:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: good idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

Your on-line presence is a must! Facebook, Twitter, etc. Start thinking of domain names so you can get the one you want that fits the best. A .WS domain name will offer you more choices than a .com. Check it out at www.myhomeoffice.ws.

Good luck!

Extra Cash Every Month
www.myhomeoffice.ws
It's a good life...

annalaurabrownSat Feb-13-10 07:28 AM

#2. "RE: good idea?"
In response to Reply # 1

I tend to agree with the other person. I think starting online first and then expanding to a store would make more sense. That may you can try the idea with a lot less of an investment.

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

brainMon Feb-15-10 07:28 PM

#3. "RE: good idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

Your idea is good however, it must be backed up by proper research before you finally go on and invest money in it. Consult knowledgeable people in your area and take their opinion. Also try to make a business plan. A business plan is nothing but a proper step by step planning of how you shall go about and start your business. Do financial analysis carefully and take in to consideration your resources before you go for it.

http://www.logodesignconsultant.com/ A custom Logo Design Company

ece_01Sat Feb-20-10 03:52 PM

#4. "RE: good idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

Eddie

Hello!

I wanted to get people opinion. I have a good idea. I want to start a gospel nightclub. In Houston,Tx there is huge!! audience of religous people that like to have a good time at night. If you think it is a good idea give me feedback. What I need to do to get started? How can I find creative financing?

Thanks
Eddi

brainTue Feb-23-10 12:00 AM

#5. "RE: good idea?"
In response to Reply # 4

Since you need to make a business plan therefore I think the following sites would be useful for you:

www.score.org
www.bplans.com
http://startup.partnerup.com

http://www.logodesignconsultant.com/

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4172 Previous topic | Next topic