Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectgood idea?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4172&mesg_id=4172
4172, good idea?
Posted by gela, Tue Feb-09-10 06:36 AM
Hey just looking for some input.
I live in a major city, and am interested in opening a green general store in my area. There certainly are green stores around, I find myself tracking to other areas around the city for this type of experience. I'd like to have nonperishable items, such as organic/natural paper towels, toilet paper, detergent, soap, things that you run out of, but aren't going to be at the local bodega. I envision a community board, for local happenings and would like to have local artist display their work on the walls. I would like a few books/magazines/cards-all green based. Maybe flowers.
I have experience managing restuarants, I enjoy working with customers. Which is why I know I want a dry goods store.
My question is how do I go about getting started?
I have called the empty stores in my area to see what rent is like-rents are high.
I'm not sure how to write a business plan. Is this something I need when trying to negotiate a rent price?
I've been to green expos, and seen alot of the products I'd like to carry. So I know the products are out there.
How do I begin?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Gela