Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #3

Subject: "I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY" Previous topic | Next topic
pamdee43Fri Aug-11-06 05:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY"

I will be opening a multipurpose facility.  It will be
available for weddings, receptions, meetings, parties,
reunions, etc.  I have applied for grants to assist in the
startup and initial operations.  But I need some help in
getting my business plan composed for a business such as this.
 I also need assistance in estimating my start-up cost
analysis.  I will try to locate a building already erected as
opposed to building from the ground up.  That will come later,
as I begin to make money.  Please!  Any advice will be
appreciated.

Pam

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY
Aug 12th 2006
Aug 19th 2006
Aug 19th 2006
Aug 19th 2006
Aug 20th 2006
Aug 20th 2006

iwsSat Aug-12-06 12:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not in event planning but here is an idea. Contact some local non-profit agencies that hold major events in your area. Tell them your situation and ask if you could meet with them to discuss a business deal where you would host an event for them at a very much reduced price or even free. In return you would like some PR from them.

Can't hurt to ask.

Ocha

http://www.potpourriemporium.com
http://www.infoesource.com
Blog:
http://www.potpourriemporium.blogspot.com

bizdevSat Aug-19-06 11:42 AM

#2. "RE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY"
In response to Reply # 0

For step-by-step help with your business plan go here:
http://www.smallbusinessstartup.biz/plan/

For start up costs you will need to include either rent with security deposit (1 - 3 months), build out costs, decorating (eveything from table cloths to carpet and wallpaper), advertising, signage, insurance, permits, professional fees (attorney, accountant, decorator), furniture (tables, chairs, etc), office equipment, kitchen equipment. I'm sure I'm missing other items, but that is a good starting point.

Good luck!

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

pamdee43Sat Aug-19-06 05:24 PM

#3. "RE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks so much, Sylvia, for that valuable informatin that you provided. That is a great starting point for me. I've got my work cut out for me, but I know it will be worth it in the long run. Thanks again for you help. Any more advice or tips, please feel free to email them my way. Thanks, Pam

Pam

pamdee43Sat Aug-19-06 05:39 PM

#4. "RE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY"
In response to Reply # 2

Sorry Sylvia, but I do have one more question for you. What do you mean by build out costs? Does that include building to suit the business owner? I am not able to find a building that is suitable for the intended purpose in the area that I want to do open shop. I think my only option at this time is to build to my specifications. Does that involve getting a contractor? I hope I do not sound dumb but this is all new to me and I just want to do it right so that my request for a grant is approved. Thanks again Sylvia. You sound like you are vey knowledgeable--you offered some sound advice. Many thanks, Pam

Pam

bizdevSun Aug-20-06 03:15 AM

#5. "RE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY"
In response to Reply # 4

Pam I'm so glad I was able to help. And no, your questions are not dumb! You have to start somewhere and asking questions here is a great way to start.

As for build out costs...if you find a location that is the right size and good location but not quite right inside (too many walls, not enough walls, need to add more or less rooms, etc), you can remodel to fit your needs. Of course each landlord/owner will have their own specifications as to how much work you are allowed to do. But for the most part, they allow you to remodel as needed. Usually at your own cost, but you might find someone willing to absorb the costs or part of the costs. You can use a contractor or just a handyman if it's not too extensive. You will need permits though from the city.

Are you going to be a for-profit business? If so, you shouldn't rely on grants. Grants are nearly impossible to obtain for a for-profit business. Grants are normally for non-profit operations. You may find some little grants here and there (again extreme long shots) but not for the amounts you will need to start up a new business such as yours. I offer financing options as part of my One Stop Business Startup Kit below.

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

lisamediaSun Aug-20-06 06:21 PM

#6. "RE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello - and congratulations on your new venture.

I suggest you write some press releases! you could:

**opening of the facility
**throw a fundraiser for a nonprofit (and do a press release about it - you may even get editorial from your ocal newspaper).

Also.. if you need assistance in writing releases - look at the news releases that you think are good (model yours after them - go onto google news and do a search for

in addition - I sell a package that consists of 58 press release distribution services that are all FREE - I sell this via my ebay store and when you're at the point where you'd like to do some releases free will be very cost effective.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Public-Relations-58-Free-Press-Release-Services_W0QQitemZ200019637273QQihZ010QQcategoryZ102485QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good Luck - and feel free to email me w/any questions.
lcadan@mediabids.com
www.mediabids.com

Lobby Startup Stew topic #3 Previous topic | Next topic