Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=3&mesg_id=14
14, RE: I NEED HELP WITH PLANS FOR EVENT FACILITY
Posted by bizdev, Sun Aug-20-06 03:15 AM
Pam I'm so glad I was able to help. And no, your questions are not dumb! You have to start somewhere and asking questions here is a great way to start.

As for build out costs...if you find a location that is the right size and good location but not quite right inside (too many walls, not enough walls, need to add more or less rooms, etc), you can remodel to fit your needs. Of course each landlord/owner will have their own specifications as to how much work you are allowed to do. But for the most part, they allow you to remodel as needed. Usually at your own cost, but you might find someone willing to absorb the costs or part of the costs. You can use a contractor or just a handyman if it's not too extensive. You will need permits though from the city.

Are you going to be a for-profit business? If so, you shouldn't rely on grants. Grants are nearly impossible to obtain for a for-profit business. Grants are normally for non-profit operations. You may find some little grants here and there (again extreme long shots) but not for the amounts you will need to start up a new business such as yours. I offer financing options as part of my One Stop Business Startup Kit below.