Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #2178

Subject: "Questions about starting up a business that assists felons with getting employment and resources tha..." Previous topic | Next topic
2C4FThu Jan-20-11 12:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Questions about starting up a business that assists felons with getting employment and resources that will keep them from going back to prison."

I have begun the foundation to developing a business (2nd Chances 4 Felons) that aids felons who are getting their lives on track.
2nd Chances 4 Felons is focused on bettering the lives of convicted felons who are looking to turn their lives around & get on the right track. We offer assistance with locating resources & opportunities that are available to them. We offer assistance in all 50 states. The statistics state that 51-77% of felons return to prison within the next 3-5 years. If more companies , places & people were more open to giving second chances that would change. Based on the need for help & advocacy by felons who are serious about doing what it takes to prove themselves worthy of a second chance I decided something had to be done.
On August 23,2010 I opened a Facebook page that had job listings, laws for felons, resources that were available. I began with one person on the page myself. I am now at over 1100 people who use my page. I am helping people all over the USA . I research countless hours in order to get information to aid felons in knowing that it is possible to get a second chance to better themselves and their families. I am currently having a website constructed due to financial reasons I am limited to what I can do thus far. I have begun to get basic essentials in order to get things up & running. I just purchased a printer & scanner. I also have purchased business cards & begun creating my business plan. I am currently saving to get a business phone line. I am currently enrolled in the University of Phoenix working towards my AA in Business. I am a mother of six small children so I attend my classes online.
I have dreams of taking my foundation that I am building now & taking it to become an employment service that assists felons. I have spoken with several people who have assured me that this is possible yet I do not know for certain if it is. I am learning the majority of what I know on my own but I am in need of help in knowing honestly what my options are if any in expanding what I am currently doing. I am new to the business world & know that it will take more education for me to advance in the field. I am determined to make it known to felons that there are second chances available to them if they are committed to proving that they are deserving of them.
I would like to know if there are any websites or places that you could direct me to that will help me find out what my options are & give me tips on how to expand what I am doing. I am open to suggestions & ideas.
If you have access to Facebook I encourage you to view my page to get a better understanding of what 2C4F is all about.
Mae Frances Hughes

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Questions about starting up a business that assists felons with getting employment and resources...
Jan 26th 2011
RE: Questions about starting up a business that assists felons with getting employment and resources...
Jan 26th 2011

NaimaLynahWed Jan-26-11 09:24 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Questions about starting up a business that assists felons with getting employment and resources that will keep them from going back to prison."
In response to Reply # 0

You should be highly commended for what your doing. Along with your other replier, you should look at partnering with some other non-profit organizations until you get your 501 status. You can start by looking at neighborhood programs and churches and offering to set up your service with them for one to two days out of the week.

They generally have grant writers that can write up a grant with your partnering. This does two things, it allows you to start getting grant money and it puts your present program out there in the public eye.

There is a way that our service can assist you in growing funds as well. If your interested just reply back to me with a method of contacting you or when your free to contact me and I will send you a direct number.

Take care and the best of growth and prosperity to you!!

Naima Lynah
East Coast Green Energy

2C4FWed Jan-26-11 11:24 AM

#2. "RE: Questions about starting up a business that assists felons with getting employment and resources that will keep them from going back to prison."
In response to Reply # 1

Hello thank you so much for your response . I can contact you sometime tommorrow if that is ok with you send me your number. Again I would like to thank you for your response.

Lobby Startup Stew topic #2178 Previous topic | Next topic