Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectQuestions about starting up a business that assists felons with getting employment and resources that will keep them from going back to prison.
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2178&mesg_id=2178
2178, Questions about starting up a business that assists felons with getting employment and resources that will keep them from going back to prison.
Posted by 2C4F, Thu Jan-20-11 12:52 PM
I have begun the foundation to developing a business (2nd Chances 4 Felons) that aids felons who are getting their lives on track.
2nd Chances 4 Felons is focused on bettering the lives of convicted felons who are looking to turn their lives around & get on the right track. We offer assistance with locating resources & opportunities that are available to them. We offer assistance in all 50 states. The statistics state that 51-77% of felons return to prison within the next 3-5 years. If more companies , places & people were more open to giving second chances that would change. Based on the need for help & advocacy by felons who are serious about doing what it takes to prove themselves worthy of a second chance I decided something had to be done.
On August 23,2010 I opened a Facebook page that had job listings, laws for felons, resources that were available. I began with one person on the page myself. I am now at over 1100 people who use my page. I am helping people all over the USA . I research countless hours in order to get information to aid felons in knowing that it is possible to get a second chance to better themselves and their families. I am currently having a website constructed due to financial reasons I am limited to what I can do thus far. I have begun to get basic essentials in order to get things up & running. I just purchased a printer & scanner. I also have purchased business cards & begun creating my business plan. I am currently saving to get a business phone line. I am currently enrolled in the University of Phoenix working towards my AA in Business. I am a mother of six small children so I attend my classes online.
I have dreams of taking my foundation that I am building now & taking it to become an employment service that assists felons. I have spoken with several people who have assured me that this is possible yet I do not know for certain if it is. I am learning the majority of what I know on my own but I am in need of help in knowing honestly what my options are if any in expanding what I am currently doing. I am new to the business world & know that it will take more education for me to advance in the field. I am determined to make it known to felons that there are second chances available to them if they are committed to proving that they are deserving of them.
I would like to know if there are any websites or places that you could direct me to that will help me find out what my options are & give me tips on how to expand what I am doing. I am open to suggestions & ideas.
If you have access to Facebook I encourage you to view my page to get a better understanding of what 2C4F is all about.
Mae Frances Hughes