Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby The Daily Grind topic #153

Subject: "Building a website" Previous topic | Next topic
eshields1014Wed Apr-23-08 10:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Building a website"

I am finding that this is turning out to be expensive and it doesnt work with other providers such as fire fox etc only IE this is turning out to be a lot of work and i am paying 20.00 a mnth for this does anyone know where else i can go to build a website please ideas and advise very welcome im thinking this was a bad idea but I have also put tons of time hours and work into this!!!! i am using homestead...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Building a website
Apr 24th 2008
Apr 25th 2008
Apr 29th 2008

PepperfireThu Apr-24-08 04:31 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Building a website"
In response to Reply # 0

I could be wrong, but I believe I responded to this same post in the marketing forum.

From a Daily Grind standpoint...

One of the difficulties that we as small business owners have to deal with is judging whether or not our time is worth our expense. When the value of our time becomes more valuable to our business, we hire out the task to someone who can do it better and more efficiently. In the meantime, we suffer with learning curves and need to do what needs to be done, sometimes because we can't afford to pay someone else to do it.

That can be tricky when your cash flow is as erratic as it always is with a business startup.

Good luck with it.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

PhanntomFri Apr-25-08 09:30 PM

#2. "RE: Building a website"
In response to Reply # 0

Unless you're proficient at html the process of building a website is very time consuming. Even with proficiency it takes a great deal of time which is one of the reasons having one built isn't cheap.

If you don't have a lot to spend and it's going to be a relatively small site you might post your needs and what you're willing to pay on Craigslist.

Fortunately website work is very easy to do over the internet. It's not something that you have to visit their office etc. My company is based in Los Angeles and our website people are in Atlanta. Between instant messaging, email and phone as a last resort we can get everything done as needed. In fact, I've never met the people that do the work on our site....just keep sending them checks.
Good luck
Denny

Wcol7780Tue Apr-29-08 05:05 PM

#3. "RE: Building a website"
In response to Reply # 0

One company that i worked with before on a header for my website also does custom designs for websites. She is reasonable. You go on her website http://www.designbytara.com and fill out a quote form. This them a general idea of what your needs are, your project budget, and the time frame they have to work with. Once they receive your information they will look over your information and email or contact you via phone with a project quote.

Wanda McDowell
InfaCity LLC
www.infacity.com

Lobby The Daily Grind topic #153 Previous topic | Next topic