Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4936

Subject: "Preschool Idea" Previous topic | Next topic
loveformykidsMon Jan-28-13 09:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Preschool Idea"

Hello friends,

I need help. I currently have a decent job that I love to do since 13 years. I have grown tremendously within this job.

I now have 2 kids and pay hefty for their child care - still able to save decent money but am always guilty about not spending enough time with them. Also as they grow - cant trust the nannies too much.

I have never been a risk taker, but since I have grown within my current job and joined the company when it was a start up to where it is now, I have a good understanding of business and how things work.

I have been thinking of opening my business primarily so I can spend more time with kids and eventually when they grow up, still have my business to work at. I was thinking of opening a preschool with extended hours to offer for working parents and on the weekends to start up music/dance/art classes for them as well.

I have never stayed so long with kids - so not even sure if I can do this? Am I making a mistake in even thinking of doing this? I would appreciate any kind of advice and guidance with this.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Preschool Idea
Jul 19th 2013
Jul 23rd 2013
Aug 07th 2013

MslilclothingFri Jul-19-13 11:42 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Preschool Idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello,

I am a preschool teacher and I must say that it is not an easy job! It is rewarding, but the hours can be grueling. We have to deal with licensing, food program (we are given a monthly budget for food expenses), and children's council. Other than that working with children is an amazing experience. It is great that you are thinking about this; preschools are always needed!

In order to start you will need to obtain your preschool certification. Check if your local community college offers child development courses. I suggest to volunteer at a local preschool or daycare. This will give you a clear understanding of what to expect.

Hope this was helpful!

Ms. Lil

joeptsearleTue Jul-23-13 03:13 AM

#2. "RE: Preschool Idea"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jul-23-13 03:18 AM by joeptsearle

As with any business, for a while you will be working VERY long hours to get it off of the ground, especially where you will be running a facility. This may put even more strain on your relationship with the kids. On the other hand it is very rewarding when everything is in place. The biggest upside being that if you do put the work in early, you can eventually automate your business, IE employing other people and intervening when you see fit.

If you do decide that it is too much to take on in the long run, it is possible to set up your own online based business. This is a different route but the best thing about it is you have full control on how often you work, and you can be with the kids pretty much all of the time, although you would need to focus on building your business.

I hope this gives you some insight.
Kind regards

Joe searle

If you would like help with getting off the ground in your online business, connect with me below.

http://connect.thesixfigurementors.com/personal?id=joeptsearle

msguruWed Aug-07-13 09:33 AM

#3. "RE: Preschool Idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi there,

I really wanted to reach out to you as I work with many people who have started their own business because they too did not have enough time to spend with their children.

I admire you idea about opening a preschool, however, I must say that starting something like this and making it successful takes a lot of work, includes a lot of prep, finance and stress, and the possibility of taking you away from your goal: to spend time with your children.

I do however, think that you are on the right track with your thoughts about starting a business. However, if you are really seeking to change your lifestyle and spend more time with the family and less time working, then I would suggest researching the online business world.

I say this for a number of reasons.

1- Everything you do can be automated.
2 - You work when you want where you want as long as you have a working computer and an internet connection.
3 - You can build your business part time, which reduces the risk for you in terms of your income.
4 - You can build this business quickly and cost effectively as you do not have to pay for all the overhead associated with traditional brick and mortor businesses.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

Oria

Hardworking and Committed but Struggling?
Learn how I enjoy life working only 2 days weekly... http://www.topdigitalprincess.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4936 Previous topic | Next topic