Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4264

Subject: "Text Marketing" Previous topic | Next topic
kristyblair2Mon Apr-05-10 01:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Text Marketing"

I would like to start a business. I have it narrowed down to 2 ideas and would love your opinion on which one is the better of the two??

The first one is a new and upcoming way to help business to market themselves. It is going to be the New way, by using text messaging to help business. My idea would be to go to maybe restaurants and have customers sign up with their cell numbers and they would get coupons on specials or free food to help the restaurant bring in more business. Or even for beauty parlos..if they are having a slow week send out a mass text for 20% off hair coloring on thursday.or even night clubs..the idea is endless.Also a part of this biz would be to set up a facebook page.

My other idea is letters to children. I would do santa letters, easter bunny letters and tooth fairy letters. I would me it fun and creative even maybe giving the kids their own mailboxes. I think kids biz are very popular too.

Thanks for input

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Text Marketing
Apr 06th 2010
Apr 12th 2010
Feb 24th 2011
Feb 25th 2011
Mar 14th 2011

hostingdivaTue Apr-06-10 03:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Text Marketing"
In response to Reply # 0

Out of your two ideas, I think that the text messaging one is more unique and not really being done yet. I've seen the Santa letters a lot recently so I think you would have more competition. Conversely, the Santa letters are certainly much easier than the texting idea. For example, who are the text going to come from? Are you going to do the texts? How are you going to get paid? What's the guarantee that the restaurant/salon doesn't just take your idea and cut you out? With the Santa letters it's easy - they pay you to write the letter.

Additionally, are there any regulations regarding mass texting?

Best of luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Mira IncMon Apr-12-10 05:55 AM

#2. "RE: Text Marketing"
In response to Reply # 0

If you're still interested in looking at text marketing, I represent a couple of services that are great for small and medium sized businesses. Please let me know how to contact you so we can run through an online presentation/conference call.

Best regards,

Ehren Koelsch
Mira, Inc.
www.miraretail.com
303-242-8930

jhon2richardThu Feb-24-11 11:35 PM

#3. "RE: Text Marketing"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Feb-24-11 11:36 PM by jhon2richard

Hi,
I have been gone through your given information and found it?s really very interesting for me and all members of this message board but now these days everyone prefers http://txt2offer.com/textdrive text message marketing text messaging to advertisement their product. txt2offer.com has lots of worth for our business promotion. It increase repeat business, and increase the amount of times they buy. It?s fast and effective technique to get result in very short time. I hope this will work out for you.
Good luck!

witczakFri Feb-25-11 03:17 AM

#4. "RE: Text Marketing"
In response to Reply # 0

A question about your first idea...Have you spoken to any of the wireless carriers about massive amounts of text messaging? I know from personal experience there was a physical limit of 10K messages per hour on the Nextel network. This may have increase and it may be way more than you are planning, but you should contact a carrier to see if there are any lower limits to prevent spam. Even 100 texts going out simultaneously may be suspicious to a carrier.

Otherwise, I think it's a great idea on a local level.

PatsyMon Mar-14-11 04:36 AM

#5. "RE: Text Marketing"
In response to Reply # 0

I live in NC and have mixed emotions on text messaging.

I like that Wal-Mart pharmacy offers this service letting you know when your refills are ready to be picked up and that Verizon (cell carrier) advises my bill has been drafted from my account.

I don't like the increasing number of unwanted text messages I've started to received from marketing companies. Have no idea how they got my cell number.

Verizon does offer, online, a place you can list 10 cell phone numbers and/or text addresses you want to block.

I think this is a wonderful idea for services people are requesting information from if you can keep it out of marketing hands that people do not want to get calls from.

Just my 2 cent,

Patsy

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4264 Previous topic | Next topic