Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #17

Subject: "What does everyone do?" Previous topic | Next topic
CyberHostWed Aug-09-06 07:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What does everyone do?"

Now that we have a new Cyberschmooz (and while the archives are under reconstruction), we'd like you to re-introduce yourselves to the CS community.

What's your name, and the name of your business?
What kind of business are you in?
What sorts of advice do you have for others in your field?
What questions do you have of others that would help you in your business?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: What does everyone do?
Aug 09th 2006
Aug 09th 2006
Aug 09th 2006
Sep 03rd 2006
Aug 09th 2006
Aug 09th 2006
Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds
Aug 09th 2006
Aug 09th 2006
Aug 10th 2006
Sep 03rd 2006

tiffanyWed Aug-09-06 11:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello everyone,

I guess I will go first!

My name is Tiffany and I am the proud owner of "the Barefoot Mommy". It is a great place to find luxury items for low prices. I offer great products that are not high cost, they are not cheap items.

Advice for others? Network, Network, and than try Networking!

I would love to know how your business started out, was it with a bang or more like a suprise party that nobody shows up to.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Tiffany Rosinski
http://www.thebarefootmommy.com

brzl1979Wed Aug-09-06 02:16 PM

#4. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 1

Hi Tiffany

I checked out your website and it is great. I am in the corporate world now and I would love to get into something that is creative and fun. Have any suggestions to overcome the fear of switching.

Txs
Karina

tiffanyWed Aug-09-06 03:22 PM

#5. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 4

Hi Karina,

Keep your day job and do this on your off time. It takes awhile to learn how to promote your business and to figure out your niche. Figure out what you want to do and than run with it! A great book to read is search engine optimization (SEO) for Dummies, it is a wealth of information. Good Luck!

Tiffany Rosinski
http://www.thebarefootmommy.com

DBeaversSun Sep-03-06 08:06 AM

#10. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 4

>Hi Tiffany
>
>I checked out your website and it is great. I am in the
>corporate world now and I would love to get into something
>that is creative and fun. Have any suggestions to overcome the
>fear of switching.

Karina,

As Tiffany recommended, I agree that you should keep your day job.

Look for something that really interest you, and consider ways to do it part-time, whether via website sales, or selling outside your normal working hours.

Here's a list of criteria to use in evaluating different business opportunities that you may find. It's always better to investigate in depth before investing in any new venture.

Here then, is a list of prerequisites you should consider for evaluating and analyzing the potential of any new enterprise--

The ideal business...
NO Dealer Fees
NO Inventory
NO Delivering
NO Employees
NO Limited Territory
NO Sales Taxes
NO RISK

Requires no investment -- that makes it totally risk-free -- nothing to lose!

Has an unlimited, massive market with extraordinary growth possibilities and potential.

Is one you can test and try out before you make a commitment, not after its too late!

Provides you with products that are products that are purchased again and again by the same customer -- repeat orders a certainty!

Is one that gives you the opportunity to build a customer base that you will own -- it's called, EQUITY!

Has no franchise fees, no territory restrictions, no reports, no regulations -- total independence- freedom.

Has an exceptionally low overhead -- no significant cash expenditures, no investments in equipment, inventory, location -- no payroll -- no credit losses -- no loans -- no accounts receivable to carry.

Is free from government controls, regulations and can be relocated.

Provides unlimited income forever -- no quotas.

Gives you leverage -- the opportunity to multiply yourself.

Offers a variety of nationally recognized products at competition-less prices!

Gives you negotiating authority to set your own selling prices!

Pays you commissions (without tax deductions) up front on a daily basis -- a good profit for the time expended.

Is one that offers you enthusiastic toll free daily telephone support from industry professionals and hours upon hours of video, audio cassette instructions, training seminars, trade shows -- continuous education in marketing strategies and techniques.

Most important of all (and you probably don't realize it yet), it builds retirement equity for you... when the time comes, you can sell your business on the open market or give it to family members.

Is fun!

There you have it... apply these prerequisites to any business opportunity in the land -- it's the only way you're going to arrive at a thorough evaluation and assessment.

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
Full-time, home-based, self-empolyed since 1987.
Dealers needed-US residents only!

Gertee3Wed Aug-09-06 01:40 PM

#2. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello everyone! My name is Jessica and I currently keep pretty busy doing a variety of things.

First, my main job is working for a catering company. I do sales and marketing for them and I love it! Honestly somedays it doesn't feel like work its so much fun.

I also manage the food and beverage for a local golf course part-time. I use to do much more but wanted to get away from the seasonality of it all and the stresses that go along with it, thus change to catering sales.

In my spare time I really enjoy baking so I decided to start a small company selling my baked goods. Its a lot of fun and I make enough to pay for my license and to try new things. You can check out my site at www.gerteescookiebowl.com.

And I also sell customized handbags too. Not for the money because there isn't much to that but I, like so many women, love handbags!

My best advice to you all is to make sure you are doing something that you love each day. Because we spend so much time working you really need to be sure that you enjoy it and that you are happy. Bottom line - if you are not happy then you are not doing something right. Make the change, go for your goals, and never let anyone hold you back!

I look forward to meeting you all and learning from each other!

Gertee3

brzl1979Wed Aug-09-06 02:10 PM

#3. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 2

Hi
My name is Karina and I currently run a real estate title company and have been in the mortgage business for about 10 years. I am starting to do my research in starting my own business and it is very stressful. Do you have suggestions or books that might help with starting a business plan, marketing research, etc

Thanks and good luck with your baking business.

Karina

MarlinCreekWed Aug-09-06 05:28 PM

#6. "Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello, I'm Graydon and I run Marlin Creek as well as some other sites. Marlin Creek's focus is on business ideas. It's a secondary job but offers a large learning opportunity.

Advice - Never stop learning.

No questions yet... but if you need to stir some creative thought, browse the IdeaCafe and then check out Marlin Creek.

Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds
http://marlincreek.com

iwsWed Aug-09-06 05:57 PM

#7. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 0

Let's get started...
What do I do? Talk about a loaded question.
I work in sales in the building maintenance industry,
I own a commercial cleaning service and...
I have a couple of websites. (more fun than the j.o.b.)
Oh, I try to keep my yard in shape
(no rain and 100 degrees doesn't help)
and once every now and then I try to relax for a couple of hours.
And....well that's enough for now.

Ocha

http://www.potpourriemporium.com
http://www.infoesource.com
Blog:
http://www.potpourriemporium.blogspot.com

Onlinbiz8Thu Aug-10-06 06:49 AM

#8. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

My name is Lal Daswani and I live in the Rep of Panama.

I run my own business, selling children garments and also have an promotion items business - I have partners in Hong Kong and China and do most of my purchasing from there. Great prices!!

Plus I also run an oline business. I just started out actually and hope to do well.

Lal Daswani
Earn $3000-$9000 a week! No Selling or telling! For more info check out?
http://www.onlinbiz8.com

DBeaversSun Sep-03-06 07:58 AM

#9. "RE: What does everyone do?"
In response to Reply # 0

>Now that we have a new Cyberschmooz (and while the archives
>are under reconstruction), we'd like you to re-introduce
>yourselves to the CS community.
>
>What's your name, and the name of your business?

I'm Dennis Bevers and my business name is BASSCO, Inc.

>What kind of business are you in? I sell promotional advertising to a wide range of business, industry, and gov't buyers. I discovered my niche in B2B (business-to-business) 22 years ago. The only real changes I've made in 22 years were the leaving my full-time job to expand my business to full-time career in 1987, and then later switching my affilation to another (better) distributor in '93.

>What sorts of advice do you have for others in your field?

There's almost no wrong way to do this business, if you truly believe in the power and value of promotional products. My advice is to challenge yourself to improve yourself professionally and don't stop working on your business until you are ready to leave the industry.

>What questions do you have of others that would help you in
>your business? Do you know anyone who currently uses promotional advertising in their business, who might be looking for different ideas or better prices?

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
Full-time, home-based, self-empolyed since 1987.
Dealers needed-US residents only!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #17 Previous topic | Next topic