Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1551

Subject: "I want to start a home based business!" Previous topic | Next topic
denyme852Wed Mar-25-09 03:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I want to start a home based business!"

Hi all,
I?m new to this message board. I hope you will suggest me a right direction. Actually I have small budget and want to build a home-based service business at my own place but I am confused, what type of business I should start. Could you people suggest me for any business that could I do well and get more profits? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: I want to start a home based business!
Nov 10th 2008
Nov 29th 2008
Jan 16th 2009
Nov 19th 2008
Nov 29th 2008
Nov 30th 2008
Dec 06th 2008
Dec 12th 2008
Jan 22nd 2009
Mar 19th 2009
Apr 05th 2009

andrewsmithMon Nov-10-08 06:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi, if you have small budget and have a place at your home then I would like to suggest you to go for Cleaning Business . It has less investment and more profit. Cleaning Business is a profitable business these days. You can easily start it and run successfully. For more information on Cleaning Business please click here. Hope this will help in your income.
All the best!

businessmomaSat Nov-29-08 11:14 AM

#3. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 1

>Hi, if you have small budget and have a place at your home
>then I would like to suggest you to go for
>Cleaning
>Business . It has less investment and more profit.
>Cleaning Business is a profitable business these days. You can
>easily start it and run successfully. For more information on
>Cleaning Business please
>click
>here. Hope this will help in your income.
>All the best!
>
SADLY, I don't make the money I use to make with my cleaning business. I started it from home and never resulted to an office space. There wasn't a need. Besides you go out to your customers. To give you and idea of what a business such as mine earned within a few years was 250k. But that came with carpet cleaning and extracting water. Cleaning businesses always do well becuse it is a job rarely anyone wants to do and it is a need. Now after 10 years I am starting the business over. The downturn of the economy... foreclosures and all hurt my business. Recently I received a new account with an apartment complex. I clean two apartments in a few hours and earned $280.00. Hopefully they send more work soon! If you don't mind cleaning ver solied refrigerators and grungy stoves then you'll be fine. Good luck.

My first question for you is what are some of the things you like or have interest in? It doesn't matter what you earn if you don't like it.

ddesmFri Jan-16-09 09:23 AM

#9. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 1

A cleaning business is a good idea.
Some other ideas with little cost are:
delivery business
gift basket business
errand business
import-export business

A good idea is to look at services in your area and ask people what they need or what they think is missing. There usually is a "I wish we had a certain business or a speedier or better area coverage system response.

Daryl Des Marais
http://www.usabusinessgrowth.com

FinallyAWinnerWed Nov-19-08 11:21 AM

#2. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 0

Well....a home based service business could cover a lot of bases. I am a bit biased but one of the best ways to start a home business is start a an online affiliate marketing business. You can sell someone else's product and get paid up to 75% of the sale price. All you do is advertise. The shipping and all the service is done by the merchant. Hard to beat!

How I Bought a Brand New $1.2 Million Dollar Dream Home on Two Rolling Acres Using ONLY Affiliate Commissions Earned While I Was Unemployed
http://SearchPeopleWorld.com/tissa.htm

businessmomaSat Nov-29-08 11:21 AM

#4. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 2

:o Wow! tell me how you went about doing this. No offense, I like to hear what you did. There are things you can do to earn money, but look for things that can pay a mortgage. Will it pay an average mortgage...possibly?

bitterxwifeSun Nov-30-08 01:56 PM

#5. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 0

Affiliate marketing is definitely a good way to go.

But there are SO MANY ways to go about running your affiliate marketing business.

One of the most important things you must do as an affiliate marketer is get people to your web site. If you don't learn how to get the traffic coming to your site and KEEP it coming to your site, your web site visitors will be lost after their first visit.

You can get started with affiliate marketing without shelling out very much money at all.

Joining affiliate programs is free.

Creating your web site will cost just a little bit of money, but not much. It costs maybe $9 to $10 to buy a domain name. You can get great hosting for about $8 per month.

That's really all you need to get started, unless you need some instruction on how to get it all going.

Discover How A Mom Of 4 and Total Internet Newbie Quickly Built A $5000+ Per Month Passive Income From Her Blog. http://snipurl.com/6yeoy

MercedezSat Dec-06-08 06:11 AM

#7. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Dec-06-08 06:15 AM by Mercedez

Instead of getting suggestions on what home business would be better for profiting, I think you should decide what it is that you would like to do from home. No matter what anyone tell you, if it don't interest you, you might start it and then stop it. You have to first find your niche and roll with it. If you can find something do do that you like and others aren't doing it that would fantastic. This way you're not in competition with anyone.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Mercedez
Fundraiser 1.0 - Raise Funding for your Business
http://www.lovelyurl.net/9n1c5

jkundertFri Dec-12-08 10:39 AM

#8. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 7

>Instead of getting suggestions on what home business would be
>better for profiting, I think you should decide what it is
>that you would like to do from home. No matter what anyone
>tell you, if it don't interest you, you might start it and
>then stop it. You have to first find your niche and roll with
>it. If you can find something do do that you like and others
>aren't doing it that would fantastic. This way you're not in
>competition with anyone.
>
>Hope this helps and good luck.
>
>
>Mercedez
>Fundraiser 1.0 - Raise Funding for your Business
>http://www.lovelyurl.net/9n1c5
>
>
>
====
I agree 100% with this, you have to have to have a few things to be successful in a homebased business and the most important one is you have to like what you are doing, there is no true way on the internet to make money with out having some money to get started, and you have to be willing to work hard. owning your own business isn't like working a job from 9-5 or a job where you punch a clock, you are working all the time when you own your own business. I would be more than willing to give you some ideas. tell me about yourself what do you like to do, what are your hobbies?

Joshua Kundert
Joshua Kundert consulting
http://joshkundertconsulting.com
josh@joshkundertconsulting.com
866-584-6508

EastofEden87Thu Jan-22-09 03:41 PM

#10. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey,

hows it going? I just read your message and I think I have something that will really work for you. It is not a service business but it is free to start and become a part of. It is called My Power Mall and I can ask just one question of you and it is... do you shop online at all or have you thought of it? If you have or do and are still interested please let me know! I will forward you the link in no time and you can begin to peruse one of the best at home businesses out there (no scam here)!

Your friend and fellow businessman,
Rich Barrett

vortex2000Thu Mar-19-09 02:21 AM

#13. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 0

I would start exploring what you are interested in like a certain niche or I would do affiliate marketing and make big commissions. That's a good way to start. Then when you are successful at affiliate marketing you could creat your own product to sale. This is just my opinion.

Discover How I Make $3500 A Week Working From Home. This System Works! Want To Join Me?

bizconsultantSun Apr-05-09 09:31 AM

#15. "RE: I want to start a home based business!"
In response to Reply # 0

I do performance based business development services and I have a 90 day program that can actually help you obtain that objective....if we cant...YOU DONT PAY FOR OUR SERVICE*. All thats needed to get started would be having a comprehensive business evaluation performed ($350.00) and submitting some marketing information for us to develop the strategy and resources to get it done.

If interested in our program, contact me directly via email to setup an initial phone consultation to see if our program is a fit for you. 877-849-1412

Anthony Jones - Business Consultant
ABC Solutions
ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1551 Previous topic | Next topic