Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #2145

Subject: "Start-Up Idea Help" Previous topic | Next topic
JVandyFri Oct-08-10 02:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Start-Up Idea Help"

My dream is to start a small Sporting Goods shop, focusing on hunting / archery. I would like to carry high-end as well as affordable clothing and archery products. I have been an avid hunter for years. I (like everyone else) have limited resources and capital. I have several ideas as far as shop looks, products, and even some ideas on reaching out to community with "kids" focused archery products and free instruction. We are a sports focused community and I would consider carrying some "always needed" items for those sports as well.
My problems are many but start with:
1)Funding
2)Where do I start looking for vendors / suppliers?
I would be looking for sports related as well as hunting related.
3)Need some creative ideas to convince these suppliers to allow me to carry their products. Or quality suppliers willing to work with the start-up.

(My first post. Sorry for the rambling.)
Thank You for your suggestions and critiques.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

bizconsultantTue Oct-19-10 12:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Start-Up Idea Help"
In response to Reply # 0

If this is something you are passionate about doing, I can show you how to do it without alot of financial resources (just resourcefullness.) Our Build A Business Workshop/Sessions cover all areas of business development (marketing,financing,planning and management) in one comprehensive workshop or session with solutions and strategies that are based on YOUR individual situation. Have you ever gotten "cookie cutter" advice when it comes to getting business funding? (ex: approach your friends and family, go to the SBA, look for an investor, go to your local bank) If everyone had a situation where that could apply, it would be that easy. We deal with the real (poor credit, a concept - not a full business plan, part time to full time transition, limited marketing budget,etc..)
Let me help make your dream come true. Email me today for more information ajones@buildabusinessworkshop.com

Anthony Jones - Business Consultant
ABC Solutions
ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Startup Stew topic #2145 Previous topic | Next topic