Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4858

Subject: "Need Advice/Feedback on Business Ideas" Previous topic | Next topic
lidea08Mon Jun-11-12 08:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need Advice/Feedback on Business Ideas"

I have two business ideas and need honest feedback on both of them. The first idea is a wedding proposal planner and the second one is a nonalcoholic drink line (mocktails). Crystal light just came out with a powdered form of mocktails so not sure if that should weigh in on my decision to continue with idea. Please let me know what you think.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Need Advice/Feedback on Business Ideas
Jun 14th 2012
Wedding Proposal Planner Business Ideas
Jun 22nd 2012

bizdevThu Jun-14-12 07:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need Advice/Feedback on Business Ideas"
In response to Reply # 0

This is one (rare) time that I would disagree with Bizresearcher.

Starting a new line of almost anything that already has a big name player is pretty well doomed from the start. "Mocktails" are already being done by the big names. Tyring to sell onsies twosies like Bizresearcher suggests is a waste of time, money and energy.

I wasn't quite sure what you meant by "wedding proposal planner". You mean you would plan the actual proposals? Like sky writing a proposal? If that's what you mean then I would say AWESOME idea. Go for it! A regular ole wedding planner? Eh, not so much. They are a dime a dozen.

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

GreatEnergyFri Jun-22-12 11:02 AM

#2. "Wedding Proposal Planner Business Ideas"
In response to Reply # 0

I think that both ideas are interesting. I especially like the name "mocktails".

However I must agree that if you were to launch a nonalcoholic drinkline you would be met with big competiton and some higher barriers to entry. If you think you have a strong enough product line and the resources to manufacture, distribute, and advertise your product then I would say go with your gut instinct but know that it is a riskier business move.

The wedding proposal planner is a genuinely unique idea that could be quite profitable and successful. It kind of reminds me of the movie Hitch (you should watch it sometime if you havent already). BizResearcher makes a good point about needing to be in a metropolitan area to have steady business. A few ideas came to my mind when I thought of what a wedding proposal business might be like or what I would look for in a wedding proposal business.

Would the wedding proposal business be ran out of your home or would you rent an office? And would it be just you or would you hire a few employees to help your operations? I think it might be a good idea to rent a small office in which you could consult with your clients because I think that it establishes a professional and credible image. In order to be a successful wedding proposal planner you have to be the type of person to go out of your way to make sure every aspect of the clients vision is executed to a tee. I would assume you have a lot of connections that could provide you with unique venues, services, and opportunities to plan the perfect proposal.

The wedding proposal planner business would definitely be fueled by work of mouth. For this reason be sure to give your clients reasons to talk about you and the service you provide. Offer something special that no one else offers and leave them with something tangible that they could pass on to their friends. This could be as simple as a unique business card or as extravagant as a presentation folder/portfolio to show off your capabilities. If your not familiar with how presentation folders/portfolios can help you market your company check out this article http://www.companyfolders.com/blog/6-advantages-of-corporate-presentation-folders.

Sorry for the long reply but your idea has me so excited I wish I could help you execute it!

Best wishes and good luck!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4858 Previous topic | Next topic