Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWedding Proposal Planner Business Ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4858&mesg_id=4867
4867, Wedding Proposal Planner Business Ideas
Posted by GreatEnergy, Fri Jun-22-12 11:02 AM
I think that both ideas are interesting. I especially like the name "mocktails".

However I must agree that if you were to launch a nonalcoholic drinkline you would be met with big competiton and some higher barriers to entry. If you think you have a strong enough product line and the resources to manufacture, distribute, and advertise your product then I would say go with your gut instinct but know that it is a riskier business move.

The wedding proposal planner is a genuinely unique idea that could be quite profitable and successful. It kind of reminds me of the movie Hitch (you should watch it sometime if you havent already). BizResearcher makes a good point about needing to be in a metropolitan area to have steady business. A few ideas came to my mind when I thought of what a wedding proposal business might be like or what I would look for in a wedding proposal business.

Would the wedding proposal business be ran out of your home or would you rent an office? And would it be just you or would you hire a few employees to help your operations? I think it might be a good idea to rent a small office in which you could consult with your clients because I think that it establishes a professional and credible image. In order to be a successful wedding proposal planner you have to be the type of person to go out of your way to make sure every aspect of the clients vision is executed to a tee. I would assume you have a lot of connections that could provide you with unique venues, services, and opportunities to plan the perfect proposal.

The wedding proposal planner business would definitely be fueled by work of mouth. For this reason be sure to give your clients reasons to talk about you and the service you provide. Offer something special that no one else offers and leave them with something tangible that they could pass on to their friends. This could be as simple as a unique business card or as extravagant as a presentation folder/portfolio to show off your capabilities. If your not familiar with how presentation folders/portfolios can help you market your company check out this article http://www.companyfolders.com/blog/6-advantages-of-corporate-presentation-folders.

Sorry for the long reply but your idea has me so excited I wish I could help you execute it!

Best wishes and good luck!