Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4713

Subject: "Need Help with my Contest website" Previous topic | Next topic
bpgboThu Sep-08-11 01:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need Help with my Contest website"

Hi.

I run a website that gives away Free Gas Cards. I list 7-10 questions per day and users have until 7pm ET to give answers. Correct answers get points, most points at the end of the week wins. My problem is that I need help coming up with different/more contest questions. Since the form closes at 7pm, I need questions to things that happen after 7pm. So I have state lottery questions (will the sum of a pick 4 be odd or even, will the sum of a pick 3 be 14 or more, etc). I also have sports questions (will the red sox win tonight? will the total runs be 11 or more). Stuff like that.

I have lottery and sports questions....what else happens after 7pm that I can ask in a yes/no, odd/even, high/low format? ( I also have a high temp in the US question :Will the high temp in the US be 110F or hotter? Yes/no)

I am not here to advertise my website, but take a look at my site and see what you think. I am looking for new questions so users don't get bored. Thanks.

http://GasForAMonth.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Need Help with my Contest website
Sep 13th 2011
Sep 13th 2011
Sep 13th 2011

fsu_8898Tue Sep-13-11 09:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need Help with my Contest website"
In response to Reply # 0

I looked at your website and will send some ideas but i do have a question on how you generate money off your site? I do not see any advertising or other links on your site. Have you thought about doing that?

Brian S

fsu_8898Tue Sep-13-11 09:20 AM

#2. "RE: Need Help with my Contest website"
In response to Reply # 0

if you adjust your time you could include the stock movement for the day or dive into specific companies or commodities will they go up or down. Or if you want multiple choice questions you could use a range like What will the price of gold do today? a. down .01-$10, b. down more than $10 c. up .01-$10 d.up more than $10.

Brian S

bpgboTue Sep-13-11 03:09 PM

#3. "RE: Need Help with my Contest website"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the response Brian. Yes, I do not have adsense or anything on the site. The plan is to get people interested in the game, while I steadily market the site and gain users. Then the plan is to not only have a free $25 Gas Card contest, but to also have a $5 membership fee to get into a $100 Gas Card contest (or $250 depending on how many users enter). You'd be surprised how many of the current users wake up and enter the contest first thing in the morning! So there is tons of excitement from the current users.

I'm not a commodity guy, but am a stock market guy. The only thing is, the form closes at 7pm ET, and the market closes at 4pm. I could do after hours trading/quotes, but some stocks are so illiquid that quotes are almost useless.

I did come up with a fun question: will the sum of the Ohio Pick 3 be more than the Md Pick 3. People like that one.

Thanks for checking the site...

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4713 Previous topic | Next topic