Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectNeed Help with my Contest website
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4713
4713, Need Help with my Contest website
Posted by bpgbo, Thu Sep-08-11 01:10 AM
Hi.

I run a website that gives away Free Gas Cards. I list 7-10 questions per day and users have until 7pm ET to give answers. Correct answers get points, most points at the end of the week wins. My problem is that I need help coming up with different/more contest questions. Since the form closes at 7pm, I need questions to things that happen after 7pm. So I have state lottery questions (will the sum of a pick 4 be odd or even, will the sum of a pick 3 be 14 or more, etc). I also have sports questions (will the red sox win tonight? will the total runs be 11 or more). Stuff like that.

I have lottery and sports questions....what else happens after 7pm that I can ask in a yes/no, odd/even, high/low format? ( I also have a high temp in the US question :Will the high temp in the US be 110F or hotter? Yes/no)

I am not here to advertise my website, but take a look at my site and see what you think. I am looking for new questions so users don't get bored. Thanks.

http://GasForAMonth.com

4717, RE: Need Help with my Contest website
Posted by fsu_8898, Tue Sep-13-11 09:15 AM
I looked at your website and will send some ideas but i do have a question on how you generate money off your site? I do not see any advertising or other links on your site. Have you thought about doing that?
4718, RE: Need Help with my Contest website
Posted by fsu_8898, Tue Sep-13-11 09:20 AM
if you adjust your time you could include the stock movement for the day or dive into specific companies or commodities will they go up or down. Or if you want multiple choice questions you could use a range like What will the price of gold do today? a. down .01-$10, b. down more than $10 c. up .01-$10 d.up more than $10.
4719, RE: Need Help with my Contest website
Posted by bpgbo, Tue Sep-13-11 03:09 PM
Thanks for the response Brian. Yes, I do not have adsense or anything on the site. The plan is to get people interested in the game, while I steadily market the site and gain users. Then the plan is to not only have a free $25 Gas Card contest, but to also have a $5 membership fee to get into a $100 Gas Card contest (or $250 depending on how many users enter). You'd be surprised how many of the current users wake up and enter the contest first thing in the morning! So there is tons of excitement from the current users.

I'm not a commodity guy, but am a stock market guy. The only thing is, the form closes at 7pm ET, and the market closes at 4pm. I could do after hours trading/quotes, but some stocks are so illiquid that quotes are almost useless.

I did come up with a fun question: will the sum of the Ohio Pick 3 be more than the Md Pick 3. People like that one.

Thanks for checking the site...