Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4598

Subject: "Too good to be true. Help needed.." Previous topic | Next topic
SharonRandThu Feb-24-11 09:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Too good to be true. Help needed.."

Its been 3 years and I still cant figure out how to offer my service to new clients. I have a Site selection service or in other words a free/complimenatry resource that assists anyone that plans large group meetings or conventions.I get paid directly from the hotels my clients choose,simular to hotels.com but on a bigger scale. All of the organizations that have given my service a try I've saved time and money and use my service every year for every event they are great referals for me. Im still having problems offering a free service to new organizations I reach out to. Most companies and non profit organizations are taught to say we keep it in house and not trust anyone who says complimetary or FREE but yet they reach out to CVB's that don't and can't take the time to negotiate and represent these groups as I could. When I make cold calls what is the best way to offer and present this service.Any ideas please..

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

witczakFri Feb-25-11 03:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Too good to be true. Help needed.."
In response to Reply # 0

People do not value something that is under-priced. Would you buy a brand new $9000 BMW? It's a little bit suspicious. You may just want to push your full price to customers and lean on the orgs that you currently service as testimonials. You could also ask those orgs for leads at sister organizations.

Another idea...Can you decouple parts of your service? Offer a portion of your full service (at a reasonable price) to entice customers.

Good luck!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4598 Previous topic | Next topic