Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3217

Subject: "Looking for Ideas" Previous topic | Next topic
caz04Mon Dec-01-08 12:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Looking for Ideas"

I am super passionate about starting my own business! I am looking for something I can start small then grow as the need grows.

I have tons of ideas (not entirely my own) but just don't know where / how to start.

Some of my ideas are:
- Gift Basket Business (not so stoked on that one - need lots of inventory)
- Re-sale Bridal Boutique (really like this idea).
- Bridal Boutique - donate profits to Charity
- Dropshipping business with Internet presence (not sure what the product would be).
- Handbag business (need someone to help me produce my idea - which is actually an idea I saw on t.v. that a woman is doing in the States).

The re-sale Bridal Boutique is something I would be hugely passionate about however the is someone in the next town who is doing the same thing from her home. Though in chatting with brides (and as a recent bride myself) few have heard of her or know she exists. She doesn't advertise, though does go to the odd Bridal Show.

The other idea was a Bridal Business again, accepting donations of gowns, jewellery, bridal related items, etc., not on consignment, but donating the proceeds (after salary, operating expenses) to a charity. Again, there is someone who does this in another town - but I am an hour's drive from her.

I also have a good friend who is a photographer (she did my wedding) and she and I have been trying to figure out how we could tie our businesses together (not go into business together, just use each other as resources).

I intend to start small - from my home and then eventually, as the need arises, perhaps move to a store front.

I live in Canada (Ontario) and there is a need here for funky ideas that I see in the States alot.

I am so stoked to do something, but I want it to be the right something. I want it to be different, I want there to be a "need" for what I have. I love people.

Any ideas / suggestions would be welcomed.

Caz

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3217 Previous topic | Next topic