Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectLooking for Ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3217
3217, Looking for Ideas
Posted by caz04, Mon Dec-01-08 12:30 AM
I am super passionate about starting my own business! I am looking for something I can start small then grow as the need grows.

I have tons of ideas (not entirely my own) but just don't know where / how to start.

Some of my ideas are:
- Gift Basket Business (not so stoked on that one - need lots of inventory)
- Re-sale Bridal Boutique (really like this idea).
- Bridal Boutique - donate profits to Charity
- Dropshipping business with Internet presence (not sure what the product would be).
- Handbag business (need someone to help me produce my idea - which is actually an idea I saw on t.v. that a woman is doing in the States).

The re-sale Bridal Boutique is something I would be hugely passionate about however the is someone in the next town who is doing the same thing from her home. Though in chatting with brides (and as a recent bride myself) few have heard of her or know she exists. She doesn't advertise, though does go to the odd Bridal Show.

The other idea was a Bridal Business again, accepting donations of gowns, jewellery, bridal related items, etc., not on consignment, but donating the proceeds (after salary, operating expenses) to a charity. Again, there is someone who does this in another town - but I am an hour's drive from her.

I also have a good friend who is a photographer (she did my wedding) and she and I have been trying to figure out how we could tie our businesses together (not go into business together, just use each other as resources).

I intend to start small - from my home and then eventually, as the need arises, perhaps move to a store front.

I live in Canada (Ontario) and there is a need here for funky ideas that I see in the States alot.

I am so stoked to do something, but I want it to be the right something. I want it to be different, I want there to be a "need" for what I have. I love people.

Any ideas / suggestions would be welcomed.
3220, Deleted message
Posted by jimkclifton, Wed Nov-19-08 10:38 AM
No message