Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2459

Subject: "Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities" Previous topic | Next topic
butterflywheelWed May-07-08 05:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities"

Does life coaching for people with disabilities and families of children with disabilities sound like a good business idea? I'm getting my life coaching certification and have a domain name, but I need help with a business plan, brochure and my website. Any ideas or offers to assist out there? I'd really like to network with others with disabilities to help me get my business going and help them network for the services they provide. For example, if you can help me build a website, I can put a link to your service on my coaching site. If you do brochures and business card design (I have a logo), I would definitely give you other referrals for assisting me with mine. Let me know! ---Monica

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities
May 08th 2008
RE: Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities
May 08th 2008
May 09th 2008
May 09th 2008

saltedThu May-08-08 09:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities"
In response to Reply # 0

Hmm..that sounds like an interesting idea. My brother is disabled in a wheelchair and I can see where people like him might need a little motivation to go out and get schooling or a job or whatnot. I think it would be a great service to those with disabilities if you could steer them in the right direction as far as career choices and such. The only problem I foresee for you would be getting people to admit they need help, but I guess that's the risk you run with any life coaching.

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

butterflywheelThu May-08-08 12:05 PM

#2. "RE: Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities"
In response to Reply # 1

Interesting service you have, by the way. I might like to use your service. I have a domain name and the beginning of an "under construction" site set up at www.butterflywheel.com and a business email of <monicajfoster@butterflywheel.com>. I went through GoDaddy.com for my domain. I have no idea the copy I would like to put on the site, but that's in the works as I complete my coaching certification. It's been a wonderful course so far and I already have done a bit of peer mentoring before I was lead into life coaching for people with and without disabilities. Let's keep in touch!

saltedFri May-09-08 04:01 AM

#3. "RE: Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities"
In response to Reply # 2

Using GoDaddy's domain and hosting services is not a problem at all. It's a pretty popular hosting service right now. Let me know if you have any questions about our websites or whatever!

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

hostingdivaFri May-09-08 05:47 AM

#4. "RE: Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Monica-

I think life coaching for people with disabilities and familes who have children that are disabled is a great idea! I know that it can be difficult to cope and get the strength to go out and do stuff.

I think my only concern would be financial - particularly for parents who have a disabled child. Generally, they're already struggling to make ends meet - I suppose this depends on the type of disability - so you would have to make sure to price your services accordingly.

I don't know that you really need a formal business plan unless you're going to apply for some sort of business loan. But, you should get a brochure that highlights why people would be interested in your service and why life coaching would be helpful in their particular situation. If your target is those with a disability (or families with disabilities), I think it would be important to highlight this. Also, you might want to mention a word or two about why you selected this target - i.e., do you have someone in your family that is disabled? Given that you're focusing so narrowly, I think it's important that people feel that you'll understand what they're going through - right?

Once you have a brochure, maybe you can stop by hospitals, rehab centers, etc. and talk to them to see if they would be willing to hand out your brochure.

Good luck!
~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2459 Previous topic | Next topic