Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2459&mesg_id=2469
2469, RE: Life Coaching for people with disabilities and families of children w/ disabilities
Posted by hostingdiva, Fri May-09-08 05:47 AM
Hi Monica-

I think life coaching for people with disabilities and familes who have children that are disabled is a great idea! I know that it can be difficult to cope and get the strength to go out and do stuff.

I think my only concern would be financial - particularly for parents who have a disabled child. Generally, they're already struggling to make ends meet - I suppose this depends on the type of disability - so you would have to make sure to price your services accordingly.

I don't know that you really need a formal business plan unless you're going to apply for some sort of business loan. But, you should get a brochure that highlights why people would be interested in your service and why life coaching would be helpful in their particular situation. If your target is those with a disability (or families with disabilities), I think it would be important to highlight this. Also, you might want to mention a word or two about why you selected this target - i.e., do you have someone in your family that is disabled? Given that you're focusing so narrowly, I think it's important that people feel that you'll understand what they're going through - right?

Once you have a brochure, maybe you can stop by hospitals, rehab centers, etc. and talk to them to see if they would be willing to hand out your brochure.

Good luck!
~~~~~