Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2435

Subject: "Is my website to hard to buy from?" Previous topic | Next topic
eshields1014Mon May-05-08 04:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is my website to hard to buy from?"

I was told that my website was to hard to buy from. I don't see what is so hard about it. I want the customer to be able to customize there order as much as possible like I did with out making it to hard. Please let me know what you think

www.mydoggietreasures.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Is my website to hard to buy from?
May 09th 2008
May 09th 2008
May 09th 2008
May 09th 2008
May 09th 2008
May 09th 2008

twells08Fri May-09-08 04:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Is my website to hard to buy from?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri May-09-08 04:38 AM by twells08

You've really got a pretty good site, it is easy to browse. I do see one small problem that would make someone think it's hard to make a purchase. At the top of each page or somewhere towards the top you should put 2 buttons the first "View Cart", and the second "Procede to Checkout", they should be on "Every Page" and in the "Same Place".>. It's very important for customers to know how to finish browsing and make their purchase immediately if nessecary.

If I fill my cart and then end up on your "About Us" page and I decide either I've got to go or how much am I spending(?), I've got to click around to find the view cart or checkout page, I'll probably realize once I get frustrated to go back to where I originally put the things in the cart but at that point your in jeopardy of losing me if I have another snag.

Next on your product pages you only have a "view cart" button you should also have a "Proceed to Checkout" Button.

It's always been my rule if you have a view cart button you should always have a "Proceed to Checkout" button also to save people the extra click if they are ready to go. Make it as easy as possible in every area.
It's also very important to have the buttons in the same place on every page, now you can get away with different locations on the Product description and order pages but keep it in the same place on those pages.

Just make it easy to make your purchase and leave no matter where you are on your site.

Good Luck

I hope it all makes sense, what I'm saying sometimes looses translation by the time it reaches my keyboard.

Terry Wells
www.consumersolutioncenter.com

eshields1014Fri May-09-08 05:23 AM

#2. "RE: Is my website to hard to buy from?"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey Terry thanks so much for your advice, yeah of course im not completely done still making changes etc...but with pay pal I haven't seen a proceed to check out button but they have to have one so i will look again and make the changes you suggested, once they are done and I check them out and make the changes can you go back and check it out for me and let me know how it looks and works. THANKS!!

eshields1014Fri May-09-08 05:32 AM

#3. "RE: Is my website to hard to buy from?"
In response to Reply # 1

is it when you fill out the subscription that your ending up on my about us page or what is it ur doing to end up there

eshields1014Fri May-09-08 05:42 AM

#4. "RE: Is my website to hard to buy from?"
In response to Reply # 1

also when you sign up for the subscription does it include shipping or do i need to calulate that in my self, becuase i have it caulated into the price right now...but if it will do it then ill take it out, cause it doenst ask me for shipping info when i get it up...

eshields1014Fri May-09-08 05:48 AM

#5. "RE: Is my website to hard to buy from?"
In response to Reply # 1

Sorry to post 900 replys....I don't see a proceed to check out button anywhere on paypal. Second, why do the buttons need to be at the top. I think that they should be at the bottom in the middle or what not...and i agree same place on every page.. please get back to me thanks again.

eshields1014Fri May-09-08 07:54 AM

#6. "RE: Is my website to hard to buy from?"
In response to Reply # 1

Okay I believe that I did everything I could do and all the changed have meen made check it out tell me what you think. I also had a question for you, when you order is the shipping showing up??

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2435 Previous topic | Next topic