Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Is my website to hard to buy from?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2435&mesg_id=2465
2465, RE: Is my website to hard to buy from?
Posted by twells08, Fri May-09-08 04:36 AM
You've really got a pretty good site, it is easy to browse. I do see one small problem that would make someone think it's hard to make a purchase. At the top of each page or somewhere towards the top you should put 2 buttons the first "View Cart", and the second "Procede to Checkout", they should be on "Every Page" and in the "Same Place".>. It's very important for customers to know how to finish browsing and make their purchase immediately if nessecary.

If I fill my cart and then end up on your "About Us" page and I decide either I've got to go or how much am I spending(?), I've got to click around to find the view cart or checkout page, I'll probably realize once I get frustrated to go back to where I originally put the things in the cart but at that point your in jeopardy of losing me if I have another snag.

Next on your product pages you only have a "view cart" button you should also have a "Proceed to Checkout" Button.

It's always been my rule if you have a view cart button you should always have a "Proceed to Checkout" button also to save people the extra click if they are ready to go. Make it as easy as possible in every area.
It's also very important to have the buttons in the same place on every page, now you can get away with different locations on the Product description and order pages but keep it in the same place on those pages.

Just make it easy to make your purchase and leave no matter where you are on your site.

Good Luck

I hope it all makes sense, what I'm saying sometimes looses translation by the time it reaches my keyboard.

Terry Wells
www.consumersolutioncenter.com