Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1529

Subject: "Honor tray with a twist" Previous topic | Next topic
letyespinozaSun Aug-12-07 06:16 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Honor tray with a twist"

I was thinking about starting a business similar to the Honor Tray.

Honor Tray provides snack services to all types of businesses in Southern California, such as law, dental and medical offices, automotive and beauty shops, and various retail stores such as clothing stores. The trays are packed with name-brand snacks such as Hershey, Mars, Nabisco, Frito-Lay and more. Their service is free; that means and businesses don't pay to have a tray left, employees or customers only pay for the snacks they take. When they select a snack, they deposit their money in the coin box in the upper-left corner of the tray. The service person comes by on a regular basis, takes the old tray out, and leaves a new one.

Well, my idea is to provide trays like these with other products. For example, at motels or hotels I would leave travel size toilettries, at restaurants a mint and dessert tray, at business offices things like a sewing kit, band aids, and other business related items.

Please give me your thoughts. I'm also looking for a name for this business venture and vendors. Thank you for reading.

www.materialgirlz.ecrater.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Honor tray with a twist
Aug 20th 2007
RE: Honor tray with a twist
Aug 20th 2007

wholesalemanMon Aug-20-07 03:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Honor tray with a twist"
In response to Reply # 0

Why reinvent the wheel? Do the candy business.

Motels: don't they give free items?
Restaurants mint and desert...similar to the candy
Business offices: sewing kit, band aids...perhaps but they may have a first aid kit on site...what about aspirin? Some employer will not privide dedicines of any kind for legal reasons.

rachelmartinezMon Aug-20-07 05:04 PM

#2. "RE: Honor tray with a twist"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with the other poster. Motels, restaurants, any place with paying customers is going to provide these items. I'm not sure the items you mentioned for the offices would work either. You would need many, many, many employees to go through enough product to make it profitable.

I have another idea for you. I attended a wedding a couple of years ago and they had stocked the counters in the restrooms with sample size lipsticks, safety pins, hair pins, bandaids, clear nail polish, hyienge items, nail file, and a lot more. There was a little note next to each basket thanking guests for coming and use anything in the basket they might need.

This strikes me as similar enough to your original idea that you might be interested in it. You could market directly to brides or to wedding planners,etc.

Rachel

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1529 Previous topic | Next topic