Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1168

Subject: "Solicit Advertisers?" Previous topic | Next topic
bpgboMon May-14-07 02:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Solicit Advertisers?"

Hi. I already have a website and would like to start selling ad space. How do I approach potential advertisers?

Would I get paid per click? How much is the norm? Thanks -Bernie

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Solicit Advertisers?
May 18th 2007
Jun 05th 2007
Jun 07th 2007

PepperfireFri May-18-07 05:24 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Solicit Advertisers?"
In response to Reply # 0

In order for you to sell advertising on your site, you need to consider several things. Firstly, there is no "norm" for price; it is a question of unique hits and demographics.

I would want to know as an advertiser is who is your target demographic. In other words, WHO is clicking on your site. This demographic needs to match mine if it is identical, your ability to charge me for it could go up.

The second thing is how many unique hits does your site get per day. The more hits you get, the more you could charge me.

I would want to be able to track how many hits actually did see my ad so that I could alter it or change it if I wasn't getting click throughs.

So to summarize; the price you can charge will depend on how many eyeballs suit my demographic that see your site per day and how many clickthroughs I actually could expect to get and whether or not I can alter or change my ad strategy over the course of your contract to increase that number of clickthroughs.

I hope these thoughts help.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

ZeroGCreativeTue Jun-05-07 04:07 PM

#2. "RE: Solicit Advertisers?"
In response to Reply # 0

What kind of site do you have? Is it informational or are you selling or promoting something?

We recommend to all our web design clients to NEVER have ads on your site if you are promoting your business or e-commerce. Why would you want people leaving your site?? The amount that you could get for a pay per click would take a very long time to add up to a lost sale by someone clicking off your site. Take a look at all the major internet retail and promotional sites (IBM, CISCO, Target, Best Buy)out there...NONE have ads on them. All the major retailers could make a killing on pay per clicks since they get thousands of hits a day, but they do not do this. Why? Becuase they want people on THEIR site, buying THEIR products, making THEM money...not directing them to other sites!!!

I would think twice about adding advertisements to your site if the purpose of your site is to make you money!

Plus, having ads makes your site look broken up and cheap.

If you are an informational site, like a blog, where advertising would be the only possible source of income, then go for it.

Jen Dudley
www.zerogcreative.com
Whether you need a new logo, business card, brochure or web site, Zero-G delivers incredible results at an affordable price. When it comes to your business, reach for the stars? Not your wallet.

bpgboThu Jun-07-07 04:50 AM

#3. "RE: Solicit Advertisers?"
In response to Reply # 2

Tina, Jen,

Thanks so much.
-Bernard

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1168 Previous topic | Next topic