Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1254

Subject: "Should I be worried about this???" Previous topic | Next topic
eshields1014Wed May-07-08 05:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Should I be worried about this???"

I think that I will be ready in a few weeks to a month to start advertising my product and my website. BUT heres the catch, I don't really want to pay for insurance, to register my business name etc untill i know that I have a good business I will make money and its worth investing all this money into.

Is this okay to wait a few months to see how I do. Is there a way to protect my self w/out insurance from crazy people who will Sue or complain at the drop of a dime?

What do you reccomend? what about suggestions, please help. I don't want this to bite me in the but or hold me up...thanks every one.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Should I be worried about this??
May 07th 2008
May 07th 2008
May 08th 2008
May 09th 2008

hostingdivaWed May-07-08 12:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Should I be worried about this??"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you're going into this with the wrong mind set. If you think you're going to make money within 2 months, you should think again because most businesses don't see a profit withint 3 YEARS (according to the stats).

If you want to do this, then you should make a commitment and do this right. Otherwise, get out of it now because you're just wasting your own time. Running a business isn't easy and you can't go in with the mindset that you're going to give up at the first sign of a problem or when you're not successful in two months. You need to be ready to put in the effort - it will take years!

Regarding the business name - generally, you can operate as a sole proprietorship so you don't need to have an a official business name. You should check with your state - you can find the needed links here: http://craftersbuzz.com/business_getstarted.html

~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

eshields1014Wed May-07-08 03:04 PM

#2. "RE: Should I be worried about this??"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks thanks, I want a business name and I just need to register it with my state. Actually i have already made money with my business I am just now starting to get back into the hole.. I had to take a break from the business for a while due to family, but im excited to get back into it and now that i have a website very excited to see how things go!!!!!!!! i am so close im very excited cnt wait

JohnOnSalesThu May-08-08 06:43 PM

#3. "RE: Should I be worried about this??"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm just doing business in my own name for now, as hostingdiva recommends. I have a name for my web presence, but I do business under my own name.

Serve, and Thrive,
JohnOnSales
Real world selling: http://www.johnonsales.com
Free internet newbie info: http://tinyurl.com/63kxjw

eshields1014Fri May-09-08 03:38 AM

#4. "RE: Should I be worried about this??"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah if anyone was to write me a check I have them make it out to me...and then my website has the name of my business on it. I am just more worried about the insurance part of it i guess, but i did put a disclaimer on it..

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1254 Previous topic | Next topic