Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectShould I be worried about this???
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1254
1254, Should I be worried about this???
Posted by eshields1014, Wed May-07-08 05:38 AM
I think that I will be ready in a few weeks to a month to start advertising my product and my website. BUT heres the catch, I don't really want to pay for insurance, to register my business name etc untill i know that I have a good business I will make money and its worth investing all this money into.

Is this okay to wait a few months to see how I do. Is there a way to protect my self w/out insurance from crazy people who will Sue or complain at the drop of a dime?

What do you reccomend? what about suggestions, please help. I don't want this to bite me in the but or hold me up...thanks every one.
1260, RE: Should I be worried about this??
Posted by hostingdiva, Wed May-07-08 12:29 PM
I think you're going into this with the wrong mind set. If you think you're going to make money within 2 months, you should think again because most businesses don't see a profit withint 3 YEARS (according to the stats).

If you want to do this, then you should make a commitment and do this right. Otherwise, get out of it now because you're just wasting your own time. Running a business isn't easy and you can't go in with the mindset that you're going to give up at the first sign of a problem or when you're not successful in two months. You need to be ready to put in the effort - it will take years! :-)

Regarding the business name - generally, you can operate as a sole proprietorship so you don't need to have an a official business name. You should check with your state - you can find the needed links here: http://craftersbuzz.com/business_getstarted.html

~~~~~
1262, RE: Should I be worried about this??
Posted by eshields1014, Wed May-07-08 03:04 PM
Thanks thanks, I want a business name and I just need to register it with my state. Actually i have already made money with my business I am just now starting to get back into the hole.. I had to take a break from the business for a while due to family, but im excited to get back into it and now that i have a website very excited to see how things go!!!!!!!! i am so close im very excited cnt wait
1267, RE: Should I be worried about this??
Posted by JohnOnSales, Thu May-08-08 06:43 PM
I'm just doing business in my own name for now, as hostingdiva recommends. I have a name for my web presence, but I do business under my own name.

1271, RE: Should I be worried about this??
Posted by eshields1014, Fri May-09-08 03:38 AM
Yeah if anyone was to write me a check I have them make it out to me...and then my website has the name of my business on it. I am just more worried about the insurance part of it i guess, but i did put a disclaimer on it..