Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #84

Subject: "To Ebay or not E bay" Previous topic | Next topic
tkelleyThu Sep-28-06 01:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"To Ebay or not E bay"

Hi
I am currently in the process of going to nursing school have a full time job and two girls every other weekend. WOw so what am I doing on a starting your own business website asking for advice? Plan and simply like most people on here Im looking for more time. I figured that if I could work form home that I could spend some more time with my kids and also spend more time with my studies.

I was looing into doing the ebay thing but needed some advice. I see and here all of these adds of people that have started an ebay business and how much money they have made. It seems to me that they just want to sell you e books or Dropshipper list. So I guess my questions are how do you start this kind of a business and were do you find TRUE dropshippers that are not just Middlemen?
Any help would do...
Thanks
Tom

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: To Ebay or not E bay
Sep 28th 2006
Oct 08th 2006
Oct 12th 2006
Nov 26th 2007

freejerkyThu Sep-28-06 04:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: To Ebay or not E bay"
In response to Reply # 0

We have tried Ebay and we were never able to make any regular money from it. We made some money, but you always have to be putting new stuff on there and guessing what is going to sell and what is not. Back in the day when you didn't get vcharged unless the item sold we did a lot, but now you can't just put anything cause you get charged for advertizing it (so you must be more selective). I know that some make a living from it but I think it is few and far between. Now we only do it from things from our house more to make a little from it and not as much a living from it.
We have several men that work from home in the business that we are running now. Its funny cause my husband isn't the type to do any this kind of business but he loves jerky and all he does is tell someone that he loves this jerky and then tells them to look at the website then the website does the rest (everyone gets this same website for free so he doesn't have to pay for sending people there).
Anyways Ebay didn't work for us, but I know it does for some...Good Luck in your adventure no matter what you choose. Just remember those childhood days go by soooo quick make use of every moment you have (my hubby had 4 strokes this year so we know all about savoring every moment!!)

Laura:P

Laura
We are all about families helping families!
http://www.jerky4free.com
No Selling - No Parties - Any Age

thebachelor29Sun Oct-08-06 07:20 PM

#2. "RE: To Ebay or not E bay"
In response to Reply # 0

Ebay didn't work for me either. I tried if a few time, made a decent income a one point but got kick off because I was a little illegal to sell dvds from overseas that haven't been released in the US. The other times I didn't do so well.

I've tried many different things and haven't been successful at much. I'm doing fairly well now comparing, reviewing and ranking internet programs, affiliate programs, and internet gurus. I've got a grasp on which ones are worth spending time and money on and which ones are junk. If you decide to go this route, or have already taken it, I would love to hear about how well your doing. This would greatly help me reach my readers and provide them more that my own experiences with the programs I am reviewing.

Thanks,
Chico
www.vital-knowledge.info

josiThu Oct-12-06 07:54 PM

#3. "RE: To Ebay or not E bay"
In response to Reply # 2

Hi, I must say DON'T PAY ALLOT OF MONEY FOR A PROGRAM TO TEACH HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH EBAY! I made that mistake. It is hard to even admit that.

I only lost money on the venture. If you rely want to sell on ebay, start out selling the stuff aound your house that you want to get rid of. Learn from that. I never made money on ebay, but I truly believe that others do. Read all of the free info you can find on the internet.

I still have items to sell and boxes to send the stuff it in cluttering up my house.

I will sell on ebay again, just not as a business.

I hope this helps some.

**ONLY LOSERS PAY FOR LEADS** Discover how average people with no marketing backgrounds are getting prospects to pay them....NEVER PAY FOR TRAFFIC AGAIN!!!
http://DJ32.payitforward4profits.com

BigIdeaMon Nov-26-07 05:39 PM

#4. "RE: To Ebay or not E bay"
In response to Reply # 3

YOUR WEBSITE LINK DOES NOT WORK

Lobby Startup Stew topic #84 Previous topic | Next topic