Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #790

Subject: "Answering Service" Previous topic | Next topic
trinity131Wed Jun-27-07 02:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Answering Service"

I ran a business from my home for one year it brought in some money, but not enough to live on. I am now back out at work and would really like to start the business again without leaving my day job until the business picks up and could sustain me financially. The biggest problem is that it is necessary for someone to answer the phone and take information from callers. Do you think as a new business, it is a wise choice to employ an answering service or is there a less costly ulternative?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Answering Service
Jun 28th 2007
Jan 16th 2009
Jan 20th 2009

PhanntomThu Jun-28-07 05:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Answering Service"
In response to Reply # 0

There's nothing wrong with using an answering service though I think they're going the way of the dinosaur. With answering machines, voice mail etc that do just as effective a job it might be an expense you don't need. Most large companies use voice mail on the individual employees phones. The phone shouldn't just ring unanswered...that will display an unprofessionalism most people won't want to do business with.
Good luck

Denny

SS56Fri Jan-16-09 02:13 PM

#2. "RE: Answering Service"
In response to Reply # 0

:) John from Flordia here. Yes. there are a few less-costly firms, that 'answer' calls and take down 'details'. Here's the info:

Being an avid reader of INCOME OPPORTUNITES and HOME BUSINESS magazines... these two sources are reqular advertisers there.

One has a muscle-bound-looking brute.(complete with headset)
Their services start at $50 a month.

Two has a model, sporting a hedaset... advertising same.

I am sorry... I do not give out the names of these firms. I do know that they have been around a long time and, worther the bother to identify and contact.

Hpoe this helps a little. Tootles!

jkundertTue Jan-20-09 07:38 AM

#3. "RE: Answering Service"
In response to Reply # 2

you could use an aswering service, most customer these days are prone to leaving a message therefore an 800# with the availability to forward calls to you home or cell works well and then if you can't be reached it goes back to a profession inbox greeting. I have a service that does this for me. when some calls my 800# it says that is the remote assistant for Joshua Kundert, hold on while i try to connect you during certain hours it tries to forward the call to my cell, during other hours it forwards the calls to my home but if i don't answer it goes back to a profession phone system that has them leave me a message.

Let me know if i can help answer any other questions, I am business financing coach

Joshua Kundert
Joshua Kundert consulting
http://joshkundertconsulting.com
josh@joshkundertconsulting.com
866-584-6508

Lobby Startup Stew topic #790 Previous topic | Next topic