Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #683

Subject: "help to launch my new business" Previous topic | Next topic
jouvanceauThu May-31-07 03:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"help to launch my new business"

hello everybody,

My name is Soufiane, i'm 23, and i live in Morocco. i'm soon willing to open my business and i really need all the information that might help me stand up and overcome many forthcoming problems specially in the beginning.

My idea is simply to create a business that organize video game Lan parties, the hobby is becoming very popular in morocco and i would like to take this opportunity to push further this hobby as i love it so much.

There are many small stores that offer the service, but the experience is rather poor because of the lack of space in the store, the low quality equipment and extreme lack of organization. what i aim in the long run is to make it recognized as a form of sport much like in europe and in the states while offering a high quality experience, i also want to be a leader and may be opening many stores in the future.

my second is to create a website that will display all the tournaments that will occur in the week in MY store, display results in real time, show off the best players/teams with the highest scores, i think that will give me a serious competitive advantage. People can sign in and choose the tournament that they are interested in (time, the price value , number of players) and they should be on time when the tournament will take place. i will actually sell Cards which carry a code that will enable people to sign in. because doing so will "filter" people and only those who are serious to compete and paid for the subscription in my website will play tournaments in my store. i also don't target people who cannot offer such a low fee.

my questions:

1) what can i do to push people subscribe in my website (buying those cards = the price is very affordable to the average people)

2) how can i make my business stand up and be noticed by a lot of people while still keeping a very low cost of ADV.

3) is their any idea i can add to add value to my business and attract more people ??

4) are there any people here who play in lan parties and let me know what businesses do or offer to promote their business the US , canada, or Europe...

any input, critics, advice, will help and be greatly appreciated, i thank you very much and hope for your answers. Sorry if i made it hard for some people to understand my english.

May god be with me

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Startup Stew topic #683 Previous topic | Next topic