Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #351

Subject: "No idea about business side of things :(" Previous topic | Next topic
jwensilTue Jan-23-07 06:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"No idea about business side of things :("

Ok, so I have this business... It's a great idea, it worked amazingly well before "I moved to my new town. (before you ask, there were extraneous circumstances which forced me to move and forced me to close the biz).

Since I've moved, I have noticed the same business under a different name here, although they have incredibly horrible ratings with the BBB. I would like to form my business again here, but without the partner I had in FL, I am lost on the business side of things. I can handle any other aspect such as marketing, technical, creative and customers.

Another issue I face is that my personal credit isn't the greatest. What I would like to do, is find someone that can handle the business-side (and the financial risk which isn't above 10k), although without the worry of being taken advantage of due to my lack of knowledge on the business end.

There is massive potential for this, however I would like to find someone that would is motivated because this is something they like to do rather than a way to make 'quick money'.

Any ideas on where I should begin and what my first steps should be are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

lisasgourmetWed Jan-24-07 03:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: No idea about business side of things :("
In response to Reply # 0

You really should contact your local Small Business Development Center. They have a wealth of knowledge and can get you on the right track for your business.

They will help you write the business plan, connect with various service providers, etc.

They have been invaluable for me. Without them, I wouldn't be taking my business in the direction it is going!

Good Luck!

Lisa

http://www.allthingscheesecake.com

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with cheesecake!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Startup Stew topic #351 Previous topic | Next topic