Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #249

Subject: "Looking for partners to build a new starup website" Previous topic | Next topic
Lets Make MoneyTue Mar-20-07 04:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Looking for partners to build a new starup website"

OK, let me just say it. I want to build the next myspace or youtube. I know it's the biggest joke going, but someone is going to do it and it should be me.

Building a website, hosting and the technical side is going to be easy. What the site does is pretty much irrelevent.

The key is having the resources as far as man hours to make the site work. Large businesses hire hords of people to do their bidding.

I have no money! Certainly not enough to hire 20 to 100 people to do what is necessary to staff a website and work the marketing end.

But, if I could find a handful of people that wanted to partner in a real business. Not a scam, not some click scheme. A real legit website.

People that are willing to put in 20 to 30 hours a week every week for at least a year before anyone even says thank you. People that are willing to put in sweat equity rather than cash.

Most of all, people that wont give up after a few weeks. People that are ready for the long haul. People I have never been able to find!

People that have some clue how to use a computer and the internet.

Maybe in this forum, with all the people looking for ideas we can build a team of 5 people or so and build a powerful online business.

Is anyone interested in partnering in a serious website? Or are all the people here dreamers like in the other forums, looking for the instant pot of gold?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Partners for a community or network website
Feb 24th 2007
RE: Looking for partners to build a new starup website
Mar 10th 2007
Mar 18th 2007
Mar 19th 2007
Mar 21st 2007
Apr 14th 2007
May 08th 2007

JosefSat Feb-24-07 07:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "Partners for a community or network website"
In response to Reply # 0

You are right, and the time is right too to start a website as myspace or youtube, or what's about a business portal as xing.com or linkedin.com? Are you still interested in partners?

A demo at http://pdndata.freehostia.com/demo.html is available, flexible software, which can be modified, used as e.g. business network portal or something else. It manages members, their data, a business and service directory, a blog etc. The things can be renamed, it's a database and content management system, template based, good to manage very different things.

selah29Sat Mar-10-07 05:49 AM

#3. "RE: Looking for partners to build a new starup website"
In response to Reply # 0

This sounds pretty interesting. I've build a couple of websites and still have them up and running. This could be something interesting. You can contact me at thebachelor29@hotmail.com

dmr816Sun Mar-18-07 02:26 PM

#4. "RE: Looking for partners to build a new starup website"
In response to Reply # 0

this sounds very intereting, let me know how this would work as a partnership. dzd72@yahoo.com thanks
dmr816

goatlipMon Mar-19-07 06:58 AM

#5. "RE: Looking for partners to build a new starup website"
In response to Reply # 0

what did you have in mind? have you been keeping up to speed on the startups coming out? techcrunch.com is a good place to start. go2web20.net has some of the newest ideas coming out. Hit me up, I'm interested.

AuntieEmWed Mar-21-07 03:57 PM

#6. "RE: Looking for partners to build a new starup website"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd be interested in hearing more about your idea. I don't have any money to contribute, either, but I'd consider putting in my time.
contact me here: lilydesigns@sbcglobal.net

aisakiliSat Apr-14-07 06:01 PM

#7. "RE: Looking for partners to build a new starup website"
In response to Reply # 0

I am very interested in your proposal.
Please contact me aisakili@hotmail.com

dtrmendTue May-08-07 10:59 AM

#8. "RE: Looking for partners to build a new starup website"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue May-08-07 11:00 AM by dtrmend

I'm interested, and would like to join your team!

Lobby Startup Stew topic #249 Previous topic | Next topic