Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #2189

Subject: "Classic auto parts" Previous topic | Next topic
RussmanWed Feb-02-11 06:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Classic auto parts"

I would like to start a business that sells parts for older cars such as hard to find accessories, some body, and engine parts. I'd like to find a better way to market these parts other than on E-bay and craigslist. Setting up a web page with a webmaster is expensive. I know I will need one, but for now I have to start small until the business grows and trust in God. If you have any ideas/solutions I would really be interested in them.

I am like so many others, I have limited capital and working a full time job while trying to get this venture under way. I am also limited by the stock I have on hand, so I can't compete with the BIG boys...yet.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Classic auto parts
Feb 09th 2011
RE: Classic auto parts
Feb 16th 2011

earningcentsWed Feb-09-11 05:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Classic auto parts"
In response to Reply # 0

If you are selling autoparts the best way to do that is on ebay and craigslist. Having a website is great, but you have no traffic and nobody to sell to until you build the business.

If you want to start a website, check out pagebuzz.com, they do it for jus $20 a month and they run the website buzztrader.com which is a big classic car classified. I am sure they know your market and can help you get started.

Running a good ecommerce website takes years to get right. You can't just add parts and expect to sell them like you will on ebay. It is something you should look into further before jumping in head first.

The website option is good and not that expensive. But it will take a long time to earn any cash with that model.

RussmanWed Feb-16-11 07:24 PM

#2. "RE: Classic auto parts"
In response to Reply # 1

Very good information all, thank you. I have had some sucess with the parts that I have posted on E-bay and craigslist. I'm getting a good reputation in certain circles. The parts I sell are those that are in high demand and very good quality unlike some junk yards.

Lobby Startup Stew topic #2189 Previous topic | Next topic