Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1842

Subject: "Question about profits???" Previous topic | Next topic
eshields1014Fri Jul-17-09 08:11 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Question about profits???"

Okay I guess I am very confused and here is my situation

I Emailed a big company and said the following

Hello, my name is Erin. I own a small online dog treat bakery business, and I also carry my treats in a few local shops. I am looking for a few more people who might be interested in carrying my product in their stores. I would be willing to give a percentage of the profits made in your store. Please take a look at my website. The link is provided below. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or possibly interested. Thanks for your time, and I'm looking forward to hearing back from you!

He responded and said that he would like to meet to see my product and that he is the buyer for the company

I have been talking in the craigslist business forum and this is what I was told

You are not offering profits! <

You are selling at a dollar, he will sell at a dollar and a half MARGIN. You must make your profit from the sales price.

What does this mean???
So I understand this as he will carry my product for FREE?
I also already told the guy in the Email that I would be willing to give me a percentage of the profits.
According to what this guy in the forum said about about you are not offering profits, then how does the guy from this store make any money?? I am confused can anyone help me out?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Question about profits???
Jul 17th 2009
RE: Question about profits???
Jul 17th 2009

saltedFri Jul-17-09 09:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Question about profits???"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jul-17-09 09:31 AM by salted

Just curious...are you in the Hampton Roads area? I just went on my norfolk craigslist because I didn't know there were forums there until I saw your post here. Then, I saw your post in the norfolk craigslist forum. I didn't know if the forums were for individual areas or for everyone on craigslist, but I thought it would be neat if we were both small business owners in the same general area!

Edit: Ok, so I went back to the forum there and realized that it was on "ALL", which means you are most likely in some other part of the world

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

eshields1014Fri Jul-17-09 12:00 PM

#2. "RE: Question about profits???"
In response to Reply # 1

Nope I am from portland you go to your city but you can still see everyone elses information also and there post. Sorry I am noat in the same area, it would be neat.

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1842 Previous topic | Next topic