Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1771

Subject: "now what?" Previous topic | Next topic
faerieRing2009Fri May-08-09 11:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"now what?"

i have my idea and our name, but as to a bus. plan im not sure where to start. math was never my best subject..... in fact it was my worst subject....umm i think my issue is should i be incorporated, llc, or whatever? i could never find an adequate description of these that made sense to me in my brain. in other words please talk to me like im 4. im aware that this probably doesnt inspire confidence but its what id like to do. :/

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

coffeeshop1Mon May-11-09 07:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: now what?"
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure about your business and what you are doing. I am new to the sight. I went a sole proprietor. My CPA said for now to do that since it would cost me more to do the LLC since he said I would need a lawyer for that. As far as I can tell it depends on to what extent you want to be responsible for the debt incurred by your biz. I think as I understand it. LLC limits the amt of debt of the business against your personal assets such as your house. Meaning if you go broke creditors cant come after your personal assets like your house to settle the debt your biz owes. I think if I remember right. For now Sole works for me as we dont have any debt YET. So maybe the person to ask would be a CPA they may be able to tell you for sure. And they can talk to you like you are 4 since that is how mine has to talk to me LOL. GOOD LUCK with your new biz. I hope you do well.
century press

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1771 Previous topic | Next topic