Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #149

Subject: "Pricing for gopher service?" Previous topic | Next topic
stellar_87Mon Oct-23-06 02:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Pricing for gopher service?"

I know that I would like fuel compensation, but I don't want to charge a flat rate per mile that covers fuel because I will be working in a very small town fuel of small businesses. How much would be fair (yet profitable) to charge per run not counting fuel compensation? Any ideas? Please help.
-I am also putting together daily and weekly rates for businesses needing a personal assistant and gopher during busy weeks. (Inspections, CEOs dropping by, holidays, etc.) Hourly or flat charge?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

StrategistSun Oct-29-06 08:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Pricing for gopher service?"
In response to Reply # 0

Those I have come across charge between $15 and 75 per hour depending on what they're doing and how far they're going.

One suggestion:?

Go to your favorite search engine.

Look up "gopher rates" "gopher fees" etc. etc. for each name the business could be under - and that's a few names.

You'll see what other are charging.

And join one of the organizations. You'll do quite a bit of learning and receive their expertise, too. It will look better for you, as a new business owner, if you're at leas a member. If you aren't willing to pay for their expertise, you'll pay in the form of mistakes that you didn't have to make -- in the long run.

Seeing what your competitor charges is only one part of pricing your service "just right". I would not "nickel and dime" the client with lots of per fee things. It will be too confusing to the client. And anything confusing, turns someone off. Come up with packages, hourly rate, etc. Create a marketing funnel, too.

Maria Marsala

Let me help you substantially grow your financial advisory business or nonprofit with P.E.P. Increase productivity, efficiency, and profit.

Learn more and get free tips at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Startup Stew topic #149 Previous topic | Next topic