Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1427

Subject: "Looking for children's clothing suppliers" Previous topic | Next topic
scorpionTue Jul-22-08 06:50 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Looking for children's clothing suppliers"

Hi there. I am in the process of starting up an online store selling baby, infant and youth clothing. I'm currently trying to build up my inventory before I actually start selling. There are a few suppliers in China that I am interested in but am hesitant to buy overseas ( I am located in Canada). Does anyone have any recommendations for wholesalers in either Canada or the USA that you know have a good reputation. I'm not really looking for high end product. I want to sell quality product at affordable prices. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Looking for children's clothing suppliers
Jul 25th 2008
Aug 06th 2008
Aug 12th 2008
Aug 12th 2008

juliarusso11Fri Jul-25-08 04:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Looking for children's clothing suppliers"
In response to Reply # 0

You can check with the trade marts for lists of wholesale suppliers--start by going to AmericasMart.com where you will find other trade marts and shows all over North America.

If you are starting out, you need a source for wholesale and for dropshipping. The best place to get a real source (not the fake wholesale lists sold all over the internet) is at
http://blog.worldwidebrands.com/?kbid=23071
I use their research tools to find my suppliers and find out if they offer dropshipping or small bulk purchases. And I can trust the information. They are not limited to clothing suppliers either. You can find a lot of products to sell and some suppliers are already in Canada so check your own area for listed suppliers.

Good luck and when you get rolling, ask me for a link to my baby sites.
Julia

http://www.StorkandVeil.com
Celebrating life's greatest events

robg1970Wed Aug-06-08 02:14 PM

#2. "RE: Looking for children's clothing suppliers"
In response to Reply # 1

RG Im also looking for childrens clothing wholesalers. I looked at the link you have posted but couldnt understand it.

juliarusso11Tue Aug-12-08 08:38 AM

#3. "RE: Looking for children's clothing suppliers"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm not quite sure what it was you didn't understand--could you be a little more specific?
WWB is a company that has associations with many wholesale sources--if you want to look for drop shippers, light bulk wholesale or bulk wholesale, these guys have the tools for you to contact the wholesalers and also to analyze products to determine if they will be a good choice to market.

There are so many scam wholesale resource books and subscriptions out there! I found a company I can trust. The children's clothing wholesale companies are one of the largest resources they have. You can check out the product lines, contact the wholesaler, and get so much information about requirements, prices, the market and WWB stands by those resource partners.
Hope this clarifies what they are all about. You are welcome to ask me more, if you would like. Best wishes,
Julia

juliarusso11Tue Aug-12-08 08:39 AM

#4. "RE: Looking for children's clothing suppliers"
In response to Reply # 3

Just wanted to add that the link above will take you to the blog--you may have to look for a link to the main site. That may be a little more helpful
Julia

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1427 Previous topic | Next topic