Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1236

Subject: "New want to know what you think of this professional services business" Previous topic | Next topic
mpfm1Fri Apr-25-08 04:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New want to know what you think of this professional services business"

Hello, I am starting a Medical and Professional facilities maintenance business. I plan to maintain medical and professional buildings for doctors, attorneys, banks, and general office. I want to provide a white glove maintenance service catering to a higher end clientel. I am curious what any of you think of this concept and some tips on how i can price for what i want to offer would be appreciated. I made a website, and would like you to review it and give some feedback. Thank you www.mpfm1.com is the site..

RC

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: New want to know what you think of this professional services business
Apr 25th 2008
RE: New want to know what you think of this professional services business
May 01st 2008

PhanntomFri Apr-25-08 09:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: New want to know what you think of this professional services business"
In response to Reply # 0

Facilities management is a good field but I think you're going to find it to be a competitive business. However, I don't think that should hold you back. Learn who your competition is, what they do well and their weaknesses and find ways that your organization can capitalize on them.

Pricing can be done several ways. One is simply to figure out your hourly cost and add to it what you wish to make as profit and consider this to be your "shop-rate". The other way is to survey the competition. This would probably have to be done by contacting potential customers. During this contact I don't think I would ask who's currently doing it. Just probably if they outsource this service and roughly what they pay. Because much of this type of work is done on a bid basis, you'll want to make sure you set your raw rate high enough that you can lower it to win bids without losing money.
Good luck...
Denny

hostingdivaThu May-01-08 11:30 AM

#2. "RE: New want to know what you think of this professional services business"
In response to Reply # 0

People have given you feedback on your other stuff so I'll give you feedback on your website.

The colors are good - classic and not offensive (i.e., super bright).

The text on the website is too small - people are going to have to squint to read it so you need to make it bigger. Your buttons should be bigger as well.

Your contact information should be at the top of every page rather than at the bottom in the lower left hand corner (especially because you do not have a page called Contact Us).

I realize that you just started but you should have a testimonials page raving about how awesome and trustwrothy your services are.

Finally, your Work Order page should have the contact information and a form that people can fill in if they want to do that rather than contacting you. If you just keep the contact info, then you should rename the page to Contact Us because otherwise the name of the page doesn't make much sense.

As a last note, you should also purchase mpfmone.com and have it redirected to mpfm1.com because, I gurantee, that when you start telling people the domain name, they'll spell out the number 1 and you'll loose traffic.

Good luck!

~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1236 Previous topic | Next topic