Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby The Daily Grind topic #161

Subject: "peperfire this one is for you" Previous topic | Next topic
hoffalTue May-06-08 07:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"peperfire this one is for you"

I took your advise and talked to my boss--He said he already heard but he thinks he is probably going to be looking for 65 to 70K and everbite worth it but he thinks a bigger company will problably snatch him up. so just to show you the kind of brain I was worring about i told him I had a friend that was tring to market peppers and to think it over and tell me what he thought he gave me the old squwint thought, you know....he's got that squint that tells you when he's thinking. here is the email he sent me .....big suprise....he's a marketing guinus too.

Jay

I thought about your friends market issue. After you asked me about yesterday I let it roll around and started to look around. peppers are interesting to market no-one really stands out in the race. I would say she needs to jump out. if you look in a store peppers are simply put into a bottle with a catchy slogan but a pepper is a pepper. you to find a way to get the consumer to pick your product with the least amount of overhead as possible. for example, take Nike or Reebok both companies spend millions of dollars every year in research to make a better shoe but they have missed an important and untapped market niche, if you sit in a mall and look at a persons shoes you can tell alot about them, mall walker, joggers, stylist, but what about the overweight person that has sore feet because their shoes role out causing pain in there shines and feet, so they go for the cheaper brands with Velcro for easier tieing why not develop a shoe that is stiff on the out side and softer on the inside, to counter that role on the foot transferring that weight to the middle. maybe they don't want their sporty names on overweight people. but if you promote a shoe to that target area it does 2 things- their own style of shoe and makes it easier to walk. Now with that in mind change gears with her peppers, if she has the funding i would recommend coming up with a little plastic pepper guy with a sombrero on his head with yellow green and red strips this targets kids, granted kids don't normally like peppers but they love cartoon characters and 60% of mother that shop have kids with them, plus women love novelties and guys love coversation pieces so if your having a party and your hot sause pepper guy is getting passed round, the next time that person is in the store they will remember that more than the simple little long neck bottles more importantly it give you a chance to promote the rest of your products on the front along with a catchy slogan like - adding a spice like no other. now look at everyone you have targeted here, women or men the don't know how to spice up food, kids, poeple that love novelties sitting on the table, its not just another long neck on the shelf, and it stands out like a black eye on the selves, and it opens a door for a tee-shirt line. buy the way the green yellow and red targets the hispanic community I would recommend marketing it at the store in the spanish food section try half way up the shelf.

hope I helped

by the way you need to switch from a high speed insert to a carbide insert the steel your tring to drill is T1 steel thats a tool grade probably like a grade eight or so, change to carbid and slow your feed about 40 rpms a feed the same

jason

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby The Daily Grind topic #161 Previous topic | Next topic