Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #5216

Subject: "Acquiring an established retail business" Previous topic | Next topic
ValdisSTue Jan-13-15 05:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Acquiring an established retail business"

I had a proposed offer to acquire retail business (women's dresses). The business has been running for several years, permanent clients established, all the clothing is hand picked according to latest fashion trends. Prices are very affordable and choice is big. The sale includes all the business connections, customer base, stock, furniture. Current owner also offers full and thorough advise on how she is running the business from A - Z. Reason for sale - retirement and permanent living in another country. The asking price is $40000 (including stock). Approximate monthly running costs $1200 a month (taxes, rent, utilities, security, phone bills, internet). Me and my wife are planning to work ourselves so no need to consider specific employee salary.

My question is - how realistic (easy or difficult) it is to get an investment pitch or raise some funds for this kind of business? Are there investors or investment funds that are particularly specialized, interested in investing in a running business?

p.s. - I am not considering bank loans as banks ask for collateral and place interest rates that are not very reasonable. The amount that can be borrowed from family, friends amounts to about 10 - 15% of required funds.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #5216 Previous topic | Next topic