Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #5120

Subject: "Breakfast Restaurant" Previous topic | Next topic
sunshinemom365Mon May-05-14 01:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Breakfast Restaurant"

I've finally decided to open a breakfast restaurant to expand to lunch and dinner later. I know finding the right location is the most important thing. Looking for the best ideas for market research. I live in a Suburb near a Metropolitan City but there aren't many restaurants that serve breakfast other than the larger chains. I'm wondering why???????? There are lots of people that go out to eat breakfast. Does it sound like a good idea? And any info on marketing would be great.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

PhanntomMon Jul-14-14 09:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Breakfast Restaurant"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm assuming you already have the capital for the start-up.

I happen to be a frequent visitor to breakfast only and a few breakfast/lunch restaurants...some of which have been in business for 30 yrs. In most cases their success is attributable to a couple of signature dishes...including great potatoes.

There's nothing worse than an institutional breakfast. While most are, the good ones don't taste as though they are.

I have a friend I've been after for years to start a breakfast restaurant based around her potatoes...she originally made them using a commercial spice blend from a prominent manufacturer until they discontinued it about 5 yrs. ago.

That blend did such a good job of dressing up breakfast potatoes I contacted the mfgr. in an effort to buy the rights to the spice blend from them, but they weren't interested in selling it so I went to work on it. While it took a long time and a lot of wasted spices, I finally managed to nail it. I blended up a bunch of it for her and have been beating her up on the restaurant idea again.

IF you've never eaten at Waffle House...go there and try their hash browns...they only have one style but the flavor is unique and quite good. While it looks like they fry them in melted butter, it's not...it's a commercial restaurant product called Golden (something) and the manufacturer is pretty much a one-act show with that as it's only product. Some Denny's use it also and a few independent places that specialize in breakfasts.

It doesn't sound like you need to find a niche as there aren't enough breakfast places in your area, so you can create a niche...unfortunately, if you exhibit success, you might find others joining into the fray.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #5120 Previous topic | Next topic