Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #5005

Subject: "Looking for mens clothing vendors" Previous topic | Next topic
drver1981Sun Aug-04-13 01:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Looking for mens clothing vendors"

Hello my name is Matt,

I am looking to open a mens clothing store a brick and mortor. I am having a problem finding men clothing vendors. I am looking to purchase soon. I would like to start off with a small quanity and then purchase more the closer I get to opening. I will be specializing in Hip Hop and urban wear. Please contact me with any information. I look forward to hearing any news. Thank You.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Looking for mens clothing vendors
Sep 01st 2013
RE: Looking for mens clothing vendors
Feb 21st 2014

lariSun Sep-01-13 05:24 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Looking for mens clothing vendors"
In response to Reply # 0

you have not said whether you are looking for high end or low end, but regardless what you are looking for is wholesalers, distributers, and manufacturers. The least expensive purchases are made at the manufacturer then the distributors, using the wholesalers as a last resort. To find any or all of these you need the names of the product, such as fruit of the loom or any other name brand, this will lead you to the wholesalers, distributors and manufacturers. it is like the phone book and let your fingers do the walking via the internet. There are books listing all of these also and if you have a really good library you will find them there. When you contact any of them you should ask for advertising allowance, this is a great way to cut your overhead and also allows you the freedom of letting people know where you are and what you sell. Ask for special deals including VENDORS whose job it is to keep your stock current and neat. Do not agree to a vendor doing your ordering. Some vendors are very good at their jobs, but many more are not. Allow them to make sugestions but do your own ordering.
Manufacturers you will find may be making many brand names using the same machinary and workers. Ask. many do not give this info freely, so you may need to do your own checking. they prefer bulk orders. So this will be determined by your customer flow whether you use it. ask them also about purchasing overflow. when a manufacturer has and order for a gross of a certain shirt or whatever they usually add extra for damaged in making, if it is not used it is sold as overflow at a nice price. damaged is seconds and also sold. be sure to be careful in your wording that you say no seconds unless you want them.
Distributers buy in bulk but this is a second step that will increase your cost but may save you money by not needing too much overstock.
Wholesalers are the followers of Distrubuters and sell in much smaller quanities to you and a much higher price.
also check for importers if you are willing this comes about the same as distributers and again can save you a lot of money.
Also look into the accessory lines, belts, wallets, jewelry for men. this is a high mark up area of business and impulse buying is a terrific way to increase cash flow for low outlay. go away from your normal suppliers for this and save yourself a lot of money.
I worked as a buyer and have helped many of my friends in business with these tips.

kashifqayyumFri Feb-21-14 07:33 AM

#2. "RE: Looking for mens clothing vendors"
In response to Reply # 0

>Hello my name is Matt,
>
>I am looking to open a mens clothing store a brick and mortor.
>I am having a problem finding men clothing vendors. I am
>looking to purchase soon. I would like to start off with a
>small quanity and then purchase more the closer I get to
>opening. I will be specializing in Hip Hop and urban wear.
>Please contact me with any information. I look forward to
>hearing any news. Thank You.

Hello Matt, This is kashif, i am running a clothing manufacturing unit
pls email me your styles & designs, qty is not a problem, i am willing to see your email

Kashifqayyum01@gmail.com
miankashif001@gmail.com
0092 300 4924757

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #5005 Previous topic | Next topic