Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4930

Subject: "New store idea" Previous topic | Next topic
AriATue Jan-22-13 02:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New store idea"
Tue Jan-22-13 02:32 PM by AriA

I live in a small town in between 2 big towns about an hour an a half in each direction. There's no mall or target or Walmart except for in the bigger towns I talked about. All we have is a couple of grocery stores, some restaurants, and a few small stores. The town I live in is well populated its just a little bit "country" and people here start families young. It's not a bad thing it's just how it is here. I'm 19 turning 20 this year and have a 7 month old daughter. My boyfriend works to support us and I'm a stay at home mom. So he misses out on a lot of our daughters first year of life. He's in landscaping and its labor so I had an idea that i can't get off of my mind.
I want to open up a maternity/baby store and sell those maternity jeans (which they don't sell anywhere on this island, I live in Hawaii) and things I wish I had while I was pregnant (breast pumps/pads, baby books). I also want to sell baby clothes and things of that nature(clothes by season/holidays, bikinis, boppy pillows.) I came up with a whole list of things I wanted to sell. As far as i know theres no store like the one im thinking of on this island. ALSO there's a lot of other women I know of that make their own products for babies such as bikinis, customized blankets, towels, bibs, etc. and I wanted to sell their products to support local business as well. I've also done my research on obtaining a business license and a resellers permit and being able to buy things wholesale. I know it'll be costly I just need to know if it'll be worth it. I want to provide for my boyfriend who has worked hard to provide everything for me and leave a legacy for my daughter when she grows up so she won't have it as tough as I have.
This idea has been the only thing on my mind lately but I've never been the type of person to take risks. I'm looking for any feedback, mahalo

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4930 Previous topic | Next topic