Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4837

Subject: "Starting and Funding" Previous topic | Next topic
sava winterFri May-11-12 07:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Starting and Funding"

I really want to start a cat rescue in my town. There is an old house and a huge barn for sale for $94,000. It's been on the market a while so I could probably get it for less. It needs renovations to house the cats and keep the new ones or sick ones in separate rooms. I also want to keep any kittens away from the seniors. I figure I would need roughly $200,000 to get everything going. I can do some of the work myself and have friends help as well, but I want it ready when it opens. I am unemployed and have little in savings so I need all the help I can get. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

Saving the world one cat at a time

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Starting and Funding
May 14th 2012
May 14th 2012
May 14th 2012
May 14th 2012

GreatEnergyMon May-14-12 05:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Starting and Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

Most of businesses require a great deal of funding, and this can come from a variety of different locations. Starting a new venture needs to be done slowly. Many people think that they can just quit their job and their new endeavor will be enough to support them right away.

I suggest applying for a loan or seeking financial support from family members, but you could also work a part time job while saving money to start your new business.

Starting off slow and building your business means that it may be able to financially support you in the future.

I think your idea is great and could go somewhere, and good luck finding the funds. It's not easy but you do have options.

sava winterMon May-14-12 05:10 PM

#2. "RE: Starting and Funding"
In response to Reply # 1

thank you for the support. i didn't ever think this would support me, it's just something that is needed. i'm out of work right now so that doesn't make things easy. i'll see what i can find for funding.

GreatEnergyMon May-14-12 05:14 PM

#3. "RE: Starting and Funding"
In response to Reply # 2

Definitely a noble cause. It is a little difficult to consider a loan or credit cards when the business won't be raking in the dough. Maybe you consider making it a non-profit? I'm not sure how one would go about this but you could contact businesses and see of people would be willing to donate to your cause?

sava winterMon May-14-12 07:10 PM

#4. "RE: Starting and Funding"
In response to Reply # 3

non profit was my original idea. i did contact purina. i know they do a lot with animal welfare so i'm hoping they will help. i'll try other places as well.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4837 Previous topic | Next topic