Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4578

Subject: "Business ideas, please..." Previous topic | Next topic
BeeJaySun Jan-16-11 06:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Business ideas, please..."

Hi,

I have been thinking about starting a home-based business for quite some time but just can't decide what I want to do.

Having worked as a staff writer for a newspaper and then as editor for the Family Living section of the same paper for a few years, I know that I want my business to be in the writing field. I also do landscape photography and hope someone can give ideas on how I might be able to incorporate this, as well.

A few months ago, I wrote poetry that went along with some of my landscape photos. I put both into Photoshop and came up with some really nice framed art. Friends and family seemed to really like the pieces, but since I live in a very rural area, there is not much demand for this type of art.

Being in such a rural area means that I will need to find unique ways of promoting whatever business I decide on.

Any comments or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
BJ

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Business ideas, please...
Jan 17th 2011
Jan 17th 2011
Jan 19th 2011

NaimaLynahMon Jan-17-11 11:07 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Business ideas, please..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi BJ:

Where are you located? (general area), How much time and effort do you want to put into a new business and how much are you able to or willing to spend to get started? You can email me directly at naima@eastcoastgreenenergy.net or reply to this string. I know of a number of small business that you can start, working from home that will bring you great residual income. I do a lot of networking so I've been introduced to a lot of great new lines of income.

Naima Lynah
East Coast Green Energ

BeeJayMon Jan-17-11 03:02 PM

#2. "RE: Business ideas, please..."
In response to Reply # 1

Hi Naima,

Thanks for replying!

I live in southern WV, and I have lots of time to put into a business, since I no longer work outside the home. I don't want to spend much $$ at all on start-up.

I'm anxious to hear your ideas!

Thanks again,
BJ

NaimaLynahWed Jan-19-11 02:57 AM

#3. "RE: Business ideas, please..."
In response to Reply # 2

Hi BJ:

Here are a few for you. Mind you, I have no personnel interest in any of these, meaning that I'll make nothing if you join them. But I do know these opportunities and the people that are presenting them.

Oh, correction I am a part of networkplus and have gotten a great many connections by being a member. I am completing my training for facilitator and will be facilitating my own events in two cities. Networkplus has helped me to be a much better public speaker which was why I joined in the first place.

http://www.joegiannola.newplana.com/
Travel Business

http://www.ardysslife.com/njciticoutur
Body Magic

http://www.joinnetworkplus.com

Naima Lynah
East Coast Green Energy

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4578 Previous topic | Next topic